True enough, Labrat.

Nevertheless, hopefully it is not inappropriate to present opinions here either. Otherwise there is no discussion or exploration of ideas on these mbs, only variations of "Me too". Afterall, the mbs are called "Lois and Clark', not "Lois and Jimmy and Martha and Jonathan and Clark" ; this title suggests, as the series did, that Lois Lane is equally as important a character as CK/S .

This makes me wonder if Jensguy's challenge really wold be more appropriate in the 'Off topic' forum, given that's where both Smallville and SR have been discussed. Still, I can see it's a blurry issue. Crossover, etc. And true, enough, writing a fic with the various interpretations of Lois as well as CK/S would be very "challenging" to write.

It's always interesting to see how each generation re-cons an iconic hero, weaving elements of the new age in with the classic image. We see that in each reincarnation of Lois Lane, too, perhaps even more than we do in the Superman character. (perhaps because of the feminist movement's history during this time period and the following backlash?).

In that respect, it's interesting that Bosrth's LL is quite different from Kidder's while Routh's Superman is really only an impersonation of Reeves' version, although I'm gathering it hits the "God" theme a lot more blatantly (maybe a reflection of the more Church dominated society in America this past decade?)

Of course, you could get a lot of mileage out of just writing about the change in the colour and style of Superman's briefs in each incarnation. smile That little (no pun intended) tabloid debate about airbrushing Routh's briefs. laugh (to be written in first person, of course,through the eyes of each Lois Lane <eg>)

Jensguy, can you give us some examples of what was it that you found "bitchy" about Margot Kidder's LL? The New Yorker review of SR lamented the fact that Bosworth's LL lacked the feistness and zip of both MK's and TH's LL. It's been a long time since I saw that movie, so my recollection may be off - I remember a character who was independent, impulsive, a tad neurotic (those much talked about cigarettes!), good at her job, and professionally aggressive. She did like to be in charge, and I know, in the work place, that some men have often labelled such women as "bitchy".

Now, MK's LL did walk all over Dorky Clark Kent, but then he was being duplicitous in all those scenes (hiding those red briefs!) and so, argubly, one bad character trait cancelled out the other.

Btw, Jensguy, since it's Superman as well as CK who interests you, why include the Smallville version since Superman has yet to appear in that universe?

c.