Nevertheless, hopefully it is not inappropriate to present opinions here either
Please go back and read my first post, Carol. I made it perfectly clear there is no problem with debating differing opinions in characterisation and story tastes:

While it is perfectly acceptable to debate these,
So I'm a little surprised that you would have interpreted my post to mean anything else and can only assume that you failed to notice the above line.

What is required is that such debates are conducted with respect for the opposing pov.

This makes me wonder if Jensguy's challenge really wold be more appropriate in the 'Off topic' forum, given that's where both Smallville and SR have been discussed. Still, I can see it's blurry issue. Corssover, etc.
Jensguy has posted his challenge perfectly appropriately in this forum. Had he posted it in Off Topic I (or another admin I suspect) would have moved it into here. wink For the reasons I've previously stated. Off Topic isn't where you post story challenges. laugh

I'm not sure why you find the question of where to post blurry. There is absolutely no question that the challenge lies anywhere near the edges of the rules or is anywhere close to breaking them.

It is a challenge fic.

It is a crossover.

It contains elements of the show.

It therefore seems clear that the appropriate place to issue a story challenge which invites crossover stories about LNC's Clark/Superman with other Clark/Superman incarnations is in the Challenge Folder.

Afterall, the mbs are called "Lois and Clark', not "Lois and Jimmy and Martha and Jonathan and Clark" ; this title suggests, as the series did, that Lois Lane is equally as important a character as CK/S .
This forum is for stories about the show LNC:TNAOS. This does not mean that every story needs to include all of the elements of the show. Just that it contains some of them. The boards are not named The Lois and Clark Fanfic mbs because they only accept stories about Lois and Clark. But because they accept stories set within the world of and using the characters of the show entitled Lois and Clark (TNAOS).

The issue is not with which characters are important within the mythos of the show and which are not. It's about the fact that not all stories posted on this forum need to include Lois and that to suggest to authors that they do is misinformed as to the forum's rules. And that stories which do not include Lois are equally welcome here - despite the personal tastes of various members.

If this were not the case, we would have missed out on a LOT of very good fanfic over the years. wink

Heck, some stories don't include Lois or Clark. That doesn't make them any less LNC stories.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers