Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Would Lois be able to investigate him properly without being on the inside?
Well, it doesn't seem like "being on the inside" has gotten her much so far. I think she would be much more effective if she wasn't spending her time and effort cozying up to Lex.

I understand that she needs to work hard for her scoops, but she shouldn't sacrifice her morals or her self-respect to do so.
How is this different than canon Lois cozying up with Stoke in WoS?
It's similar, but she wasn't carrying on a very public and extended relationship with Stoke. She just made doe eyes at him for an hour or two, and she actually got good information out of it. Maybe she should have felt gross afterward. Lois needs to decide just where to draw the line. What is she willing to do to get a story? Dress up like a tart? Flirt with a criminal? Date a criminal? Get engaged to one? Sleep with one? At what point is she being a dedicated journalist, and at what point is she being a slut, like she accused Linda of?

So, the mayor shouldn't have told the general public about this? Since it was already reported in the DP, he isn't disclosing the information for the first time.
I wasn't being serious about the mayor being in legal trouble; I was trying to make a point about the people's likely reaction. Obviously I failed to communicate properly. :p

Thank you for your comments and continued readership, despite the lunkheaded beliefs of my characters.
Thank you for your continued authorship, despite my not always commenting. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)