Lex entered wearing immaculate silk pajamas and a robe set. ... Lois was a bit surprised to see him up and about, even if still in his pajamas.
Is his arm in a sling? I'd expect that at the least. And it's not just the damage to his shoulder that would give him problems; it's also the blood loss. I feel woozy enough after giving blood, and that is without the system-wide shock and localized trauma.

She paused, wondering how Lex knew what was in the liquid Clark had her pour over his wounds. She had thought that Lex was passed out during that time. How had he recalled Clark’s rushed instructions about the tannin mixture?
He's messing up. Sooner or later this will come back to bite him, I hope, but it's still not enough by itself to lead to the idea of a clone.

The reason Lex hadn’t needed surgery was because Clark had already completed it.
I can see why Lois might think this, but it doesn't really make sense. If Lex needed surgery, it would likely be to stitch things back together, not just cauterize the wound to stop the bleeding.

Lois sure is telling him a lot about the investigation, which doesn't seem wise, but I guess it's all bound to become public knowledge soon, anyway.

I do apologize for not contacting you about my condition this morning, but I was resting on doctor’s orders.
Sure. And you had no one you could have asked to call her with an update.

What kind of medicine did his doctors have him on? Miranda’s Revenge?
Second-hand exposure?

On the other hand, perhaps Lois was going about this investigation in the wrong manner.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I like Lois's reasoning on why cozying up to Lex is useless. Now if she will actually extricate herself from dating him, then maybe she can actually do her job and investigate him properly. I hope she doesn't decide that she can continue dating him and end up at the alter not seeing any way out. That gets a bit tiresome, especially when she knows he's dirty.

The one problem with that approach would be that she wouldn’t be in control of the Kryptonite once government agents seized his assets.
This seems like the only solid argument for her investigating him herself. If she plays her cards right, though, she might be able to work with Henderson and get the kryptonite secured. I'm sure they wouldn't give it to her, but it would probably end up at S.T.A.R. Labs instead of in the main evidence lockup where apparently any villain can walk in and waltz out with evidence.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)