Eugene’s antidote would get rid of the virus, but there would still be repercussions of having had the Ides of Metropolis virus nibbling away at the country’s computer infrastructure for the past couple of days.
On the plus side, that nice fellow in Jimmy’s CS class from Bangalore will have put the backdoor code into all the cured computers so that his uncle’s boss can access them at a future time.

What long-term repercussions exactly, they would have to wait to find out.
/points at above thought/

Therefore, the day before when the mayor issued a curfew for all non-essential personnel needing to be off the streets by ten o’clock during the blackout,
So, the Daily Planet got to tell people that martial law has been enacted, while LNN will be able to tell them that Lex Luthor has been able to help the civilian authorities restore peace and order to the streets. Yeah, people will love to buy the Planet in the future.

The darkness in the city made it seem later in the night than it really was by the time Lois and Jimbo finally got into her Jeep to return downtown.
The perfect time for some gang-related violence?

“Doesn’t the city seem creepier without the lights, Lois?” Jimbo said, gazing through the window and into the darkness.
[Linked Image]

“Other than the fact I can’t blow dry my hair,
Oh, *that’s* with the new hairdo this morning.

“Do you want me to… uh… stay at your place?” Jimbo asked hesitantly.
In case Ralph’s afraid of the things that go bump in the night?

“I know that since Lucy moved to L.A., you’re in that big apartment all by yourself with no security, and I thought if I slept in the guest room, it might make y… Clark feel better than if you returned there alone.”
Hmm…I think it’s actually him that’s scared.

he could come and guard her body personally.
That sounds naughty.

As long as the power was out, she could use his body heat without interfering with her undercover assignment.
Very naughty. And what if Lex sends someone by her place to make sure she’s safe?

“Yes, me. I’m a black belt and have been since college,” Lois reminded him.
Won’t help against Paul drugging her.

The curfew would start in a few minutes, and since she was currently out on bail, she needed to walk the straight and narrow, or it could be revoked, and her butt thrown back in jail until they could review her case.
Awwwwkward!

Of course, Lex would have a generator.
He’s a prepper. He’d never face an apocalypse without having a harem in place. And a tank.

but knew that she and Clark would be living in fear of his safety if she didn’t make Lex pay for his crimes, and that wasn’t an acceptable alternative.
You know, if Clark would drop an anvil on Lex, that would solve their problems with him. At least, with his clone.

She didn’t want anyone to think she had gone soft just because she turned into a big pile of mush whenever Clark looked at her with those big soulful brown eyes.
Awwww, isn’t she the cutest thing? [Linked Image]

She hated that double standard that a romance wouldn’t scratch the surface of a man’s career, but it could be deadly to a woman’s, especially an office romance.
That’s because it’s not called a ‘romance’ with a guy. Or Cat.

She circled her block twice before she found a questionable parking space within walking distance of her apartment building.
Will her jeep still be there in one piece come morning?

It would have been much easier to use her underground parking garage, but with the power out, the gates and keycard didn’t work, so street parking it was.
Yeah, and if they had left the door open, a dark garage might not be the safest place to be for a damsel in Gotham City.

One way or another, Lois also knew that as soon as she told Clark about the tracer in her LoLex watch, Lex would suddenly see “Lois” as space junk,
clap

Apparently, she needed draw Lex a diagram in this matter, but since she did that better in person than through messenger, she had reluctantly accepted.
She could hire an assassin?

Cat was regaling them with how she had been stuck alone in her building’s elevator for the weekend, and how lucky she was that she had just been returning from the grocery store, so she had food.
Oh boy.

The second day, was the worst because the emergency lights, which had come on with the power outage, started to fade leaving poor Cat alone in the dark in a confined space with no hope for rescue.
And she doesn’t even own a cat so no chance of her having bought kitty litter that day.

“I’m telling you, Clark, it was thoroughly invigorating, saving myself.
LOIS: Duh!

Luckily, Kevin caught me.”
Awwww… sounds like the start of a badly plotted piece of LFI entertainment.

“Fortunately, my neighbor old Mrs. Thomelson was home, and I was able to climb from her balcony over to mine and get in that way.
Wouldn’t it have been awkward had she fallen off the balcony after all that earlier acrobatics?

I leave the sliding door unlocked, just in case some flying hero ever needs to pop in for…” She sighed dramatically. “You know.”
An oil change?

Lois’s fingers moved from Clark’s back to his arm in a possessive way as she shot the woman a scowl.
Meooooowwwww!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.