They couldn’t have the conversation at her apartment once the power was back on, in case the Voyeur had set up his surveillance once more.
I am not convinced the surveillance equipment would be put on the power grid.

Lois shuddered involuntarily at the thought of Lex watching her shower, change her clothes, and sleep.
I am surprised she is willing to go through such.

Of course, they couldn’t have the conversation until the power was back on, anyway, because Superman would be too busy to spend the time, the uninterrupted time, to discuss their relationship.
frown at the conversation being postponed.

They certainly couldn’t have the conversation at the Daily Planet.
What if they locked themselves into the supply closet?

with her luck, her tongue would get a mind of its own and she’d end up stranded because Clark had flown off in a huff.
I really doubt that would happen.

That left Clark’s apartment, which had the added bonus of having food and a bed.
Clark:Oh no, she wants to share a bed. That would activate the curse.

If only they could get locked in a safe room with no internal surveillance and plenty of amenities.
That would be a fun story.

Now, all she needed to do was find the correct time.
At the rate they are going that will be never.

All she and Clark needed was at least six hours of uninterrupted time, with no phone calls,
That sounds unlikely.

no Jimmy knocking on his front door,
That will be really hard with two of them.

and no calls for ‘help’.
Sounds impossible.

The power had finally come back on in the city the night before,
So is this the next day?

and Lois hoped to nail down a time that she and Clark, or Superman, could talk.
Like the planned dinner from back in February that never occurred?

Just as she was about to broach the subject with her partner a messenger walked into the Daily Planet’s bullpen, requesting her presence at a lunch meeting with Lex and Mr. Schwartz to discuss her legal case.
smile1 they are touching. Although I do have to wonder if this is wise with Rita there considering Lois' theories about Rita.

that he had still done more than enough rescuing during the weekend and would never be able to save everyone.
Can she really convey this with a touch if he does not know she knows that he is SM?

“Really, Cat?” Jimmy sputtered despite his jaw hitting the floor. “Does Superman…?”
Lois:No, Superman only wants one woman, and it isn't her.

Lois’s fingers moved from Clark’s back to his arm in a possessive way as she shot the woman a scowl.
grumble there is not enough Lois and Clark interacting in this story.

Lois thought again about her pillow and about the dream of kissing Clark outside, in public, for everyone to see.
At least she has some good memories.

It had been a nice kiss, despite Clark running off in the middle of it due to an exploding car down the street,
Did she see who was in the car?

“‘Need me to do’?” Lois repeated. “That’s rich, after sabotaging me.”
That is a good point.

“That was a misunderstanding,” Cat explained.
Such usually result from the message being poorly worded.

“I meant he shouldn’t hover. We’re big girls who can take care of ourselves, not defenseless women.”
And Luthor treats women as so important and having meaningful things to contribute to society. I don't think it computes at all.

“I’ll clear it up later,” Cat said in an off-hand manner as if it didn’t matter.
She really does not get it.

“You could do anything short of murder, and he’d still follow you to the ends of the Earth.”
He would still grumble at her, and trust her less far before that.

“Mind if I don’t test your theory?” Lois said bitterly.
Lois is wise. If she were really dating Lex I think that would really cut Clark up.

“Hardly. I meant the next time you go to his place.
Lois:What is with people changing their request after you met it.

Have him pick you up and let me know,” Cat said.
Lois:I much prefer having my own car, and being able to leave if I so chose.

Was Cat worried that Lex had plans to kidnap her? No, Cat couldn’t possibly mean it that way, because why would she be encouraging Lois to use Lex’s limousine?
That is assuming she is not intentionally trying to get Lois kidnapped.

“That’s it,” Cat replied. “You could also tell me what positions he likes, but that would be strictly off the record, background information.”
grumble

Good thing she already knew Lex wasn’t the hero of her story, or she might have bought this act.
I guess she still has to hold somewhat to canon.

His movements seemed stilted, guarded, almost stiff.
Is this the clone? That was my first idea. However on further thought, I wondered if Lex would ever let the clone near Lois. However, since he did so in the Clark-less timeline, I had to wonder.

She disregarded it as discomfort at being outside; like a monster forced outside during daylight hours, Lex fit better into the inside, the shadows, and the dark of night.
This is why Lex Jr. worked so well. He was Lex, only more so. Disturbingly more so.

“Thank you for inviting me to lunch, Lex,” Lois said, swallowing down the annoyance that he had once again interrupted a conversation between her and Clark.
Not that she would actually be having lunch with Clark.

She cut directly to the chase. “And for bailing me out of jail, but as I stated before it would be better for all involved if the Daily Planet’s attorneys handled my case from now on.”
It is not clear that they will do so though.

Schwartz glanced at Lex, who nodded for the man to speak. “Ms. Lane, I have been in contact with Mayson Drake the assistant District Attorney assigned this case,
Interesting development, although I am not too surprised.

and I believe that I can persuade her to drop all charges.”
I half wonder if his methods of "persuasion" would be fully legal and ethnical.

“Isn’t that wonderful, darling?” Lex asked with a debonair smile, setting his hand on top of hers.
He really does not listen. Why does she thing he could ever fool her?

Lois pulled her hand away.
Good for her.

“It isn’t more than I expected, Mr. Schwartz. I did prove that Eugene Laderman was innocent, therefore making my ‘harboring’ charges moot.
I am not sure that would fully work, however considering that the conviction was partly brought by incompetent identification of the body, the DA would probably be smart to not make a scene about it.

Also, due to my intervention, Eugene was released from jail soon enough to concoct an antidote, which kept the infrastructure of this country from going further down the tubes.
Her being key to Reed arresting the Harrisons as soon as she did would probably also be in her favor.

Schwartz glanced over at Lex, who shrugged in a familiar manner that clearly scoffed “women!”.
More reason Lois should never deal with a chauvinist like Lex.

Lois noticed though, after Lex made the movement a momentary flash of pain streaked across his face.
This initially confirmed my clone theory, but on further reflection, I decided something else was going on.

Yes, something was definitely ailing Mr. Luthor.
grumble

I must admit there was a time or two this weekend I was tempted to visit you just to get a hot shower.”
grumble more unwanted touching.

“The truth of the matter is,” he said softly, squeezing her hand. “I spent the weekend…” He cleared his throat. “Unable to get out of bed.”
Was he that worn out?

“Oh, Lex. I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize you’d been ill,” Lois gasped, actually feeling bad for de-masking him so publicly.
Lois you need to remember this is the guy who ordered your partner murdered.

Lex coughed slightly. “Now, don’t you worry about me, Lois. I’ve been under a doctor’s strict care. It was my doctor, in fact, who insisted that I remain in bed.”
Ah, this is a reference to Muldoon. Oh, this makes Lois feeling at all sympathetic for him even more ironic. He was in bed with a woman.

“Now, I’m much better.” He said this wryly, leading Lois to believe he was angry at his illness, or the words describing his illness, but knowing Lex it was most likely that he was angry with himself for having become sick at all.
He actually never used the word sick though. Lois is assuming the wrong things about him being in bed.

We really did not get any interactions between Lois and Clark this part. grumble

It took two readings of Luthor's lines to realize he is not saying what Lois thinks he is saying, although he is being deliberately misleading.

John Pack Lambert