-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
I am not convinced the surveillance equipment would be put on the power grid.
Oh, give Lois a little stress relief in letting her think that it is. wink

Lois shuddered involuntarily at the thought of Lex watching her shower, change her clothes, and sleep.
JOHN: I am surprised she is willing to go through such.
LOIS: I willing to do *anything* to keep Clark safe.

What if they locked themselves into the supply closet?
She doesn't know if Lex has spies at the DP.

Clark:Oh no, she wants to share a bed. That would activate the curse.
LOIS: He really worries too much. Wait. Curse?

If only they could get locked in a safe room with no internal surveillance and plenty of amenities.
JOHN: That would be a fun story.
I think so. I'm going to have to put my back-burner little grey cells working such a plot. <<for a short story>>

and no calls for ‘help’.
JOHN: Sounds impossible.
See, Clark's optimism has rubbed off on her.

So is this the next day?
Let's see, Perry's birthday was Thursday, Lois and Reed caught the Harrisons on Friday, they got Eugene out of Jail on Saturday morning, so this would be Monday.

Like the planned dinner from back in February that never occurred?
LOIS: Hey! That wasn't MY fault!

Why does she not just pretend to not get this message?
The messenger is from the same service Vatman used and he waited around for a response.

That would make sense. I am not sure it would move all prosecutors to drop the charges.
They never pressed charges in canon... after the fact.

If you are stuck in an elevator, eating might not be wise considering the other problems it might create.
So true.

It is good she sees this, and even better she trusts him enough that she does not doubt his motives.
She hasn't doubted his motives since learning he was SM. Her jealousy over Linda is irrational.
LOIS: I'm not irrational!
CLARK: :rolleyes:

Lois rubbed his back softly to reassure him
JOHN: smile they are touching. Although I do have to wonder if this is wise with Rita there considering Lois' theories about Rita.
Oh, so you've noticed that she's being a little more open about her relationship with Clark since coming to the conclusion that she needs to tell him the truth that she knows. <<plus, it isn't intimate touching, just friendly touching>>

Can she really convey this with a touch if he does not know she knows that he is SM?
LOIS: I can *try!*

Lois: No, Superman only wants one woman, and it isn't her.
CLARK: Um... Lois, don't you mean that Superman doesn't date?
LOIS: Yeah. It sure feels that way.

Although if Rita is Lex's agent, this might put back Lois's investigation.
Lois is holding lightly onto Clark's elbow, not his hand.

This makes the story much more belivable.
I thought so.

This never was a logical reaction to me. If I understood on the show, it was not clear they were related, just that they had relatives in common. Very few places frown on relations between people less closely related than second cousins, and normally even second cousins are ok.
Second cousins are *not* okay. Those would be the children of your first cousins (or the children of your parent's first cousins). And Cat grabbed this excuse as a way to keep Jimmy at arm's length. They are so distantly related, if she wanted to do it, it wouldn't be a factor.

He should sense she wants to talk with him.
She also just accepted a lunch date with Lex, so he's not feeling charitable.

Why would he lie about that?
To shock a confession out of her? Police detectives do NOT have to be honest with suspects in an investigation. <<why you should really bring a lawyer with you.>>

Clark needs to be more proactive in saving a place for Lois.
CLARK: Hey! This whole Ruse thing was Lois's idea.

Is this Luthor at work already?
LEX: I plead the fifth... I mean, no comment.

That has been an issue hanging over us for a long time now.
It's only mid-March (3 weeks in). Impact Day was on the last day of February. So, not that long, since she bumped into Linda the day her watch got stolen (during her investigation of Lex.)

That really does seem to cast Lois as cheating with Lex.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

If he doubts Lois at all the smile won't help.
If he's borderline doubtful, it does.

If he asked her point blank would she tell him the truth?
It depends how and where he asks her.

Is that Clark thinks it again, or that Lois is cheating again?
Clark again thinks this.

Well, it will be better to tell him all now then, right.
Here? In the middle of the meeting?
PERRY: Well, that's all well and good, Lane, but are you sure this was the best time to tell Clark that you knew he was Superman? You've given Jimmy a heart attack. Ralph peed his pants. And Clark's flown out the window. Really, you chose now?

Well, since she is clearly not cheating with Lex, I think she can clear that mess up easily.
There's always the possibility that he might not believe her at first.

there is not enough Lois and Clark interacting in this story.
No, just in this story arc... section.

Did she see who was in the car?
No.

Such usually result from the message being poorly worded.
CAT: So, it's my fault that Clark can't understand my subtext?

And Luthor treats women as so important and having meaningful things to contribute to society. I don't think it computes at all.
Lex does? clap She finally sees Luthor for who he is!

I sort of think you don't need both "another" and "again", and could drop either and have the sentence still work.
Thanks. Fixed.

Did he get an STD? Was Brenda too much for him?
He didn't get much sleep. Over exerted himself perhaps.

Like he is ever going to admit he was worn out by a women who was insatiable. Even if admitting that to Lois would be the stupidest thing possible. Although he is clueless enough to not realize it. Intriguing though, if Lex admits to Lois he is cheating on her, what will she do? Since her relationship with him is a ruse, it would make sense to move forward, she is already lying, but could she do it? It is not like the admission would lead to criminal charges, at least as long as Lex just mentions having sex, if he mentioned Muldoon, maybe.
Why would Lex ever admit other women to Lois? evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.