It was time to come clean with Clark.
smile1 she wants to tell Clark. Although considering how many parts ago Clark decided to tell Lois, yet he still has not, I should not get my hopes too high.

She had wanted to wait until he confessed the truth to her about Superman, actually she still did.
So is she going to wait, or is she going to do the right thing and bite the bullet? I hope they do not both keep waiting for the other to show forth more trust.

He needed to prove to her, beyond a doubt, that he trusted her.
This is a game of chicken neither can win.

She scoffed to herself. So that she could then crush that trust by admitting that she had been investigating Lex on her own,
Won't that at least put to ease his fears she wants a relationship with Lex?

It wasn’t going to be an easy conversation, Lois knew, which was one of the reasons she hadn’t stuck around at Clark’s apartment the previous night.
frown that she left.

Clark would never keep her out of the loop regarding such an investigation,
Ironic, since he has not told her he is investigating Luthor. Not that he has really made much progress on that investigation, but still.

any investigation in fact, so not telling him had been like a woodpecker perforating her soul.
Actually, I think it will be mainly positive in its effects.

Well, technically, Clark hadn’t told her about collaborating with Cat to investigate the disappearance of Dr. Brenda Muldoon, but comparing the two investigations was pointless as they weren’t even on the same page, scale-wise.
Still, withholding information is withholding information.

John Pack Lambert