They do need to have it. I am giving up hope of it ever happening.
With each part the conversation grows closer.
Some parts it feels like it moves further away.

She should have stayed, if only for that.
Yeah, but he has to show up for her to get that.
Well, he probably would come home eventually.

She has shown patience in not telling Clark what she knows.
A different kind of patience.[/Quote} It still is patience.

[QUOTE]He would probably go along with a claim that she lives there and had just misplaced her key. As long as she would make it so. Well, at least if she could convince him the curse does not apply.
But that's only if he's around to defend her and not press charges. If a neighbor caught her...
He could still get them to drop charges, although she might have to spend the night in jail.

Which is why she keeps taking it off (like that time in the supply room), or covering it up, whenever she has "private" conversations with Clark. She's not absolutely sure it doesn't have listening bugs on it, even though STAR Labs didn't mention seeing one.
I figure it doesn't because she got out the jail without Lex being there, but I guess she does not know he had been watching her. I thought she took it off around Clark because he hates the watch, with a passion.

She could have so much fun with teasing him about that. Hmm, maybe she should tease him about it until he admits the truth.
She's already ready to tell him she knows, but the fates have been having too much fun keeping them apart.
For fates we should read the EW.

See! She's trying to find a way to get them alone together with enough time to talk it through without compromising her Lex investigation.
I wish she would just give up the stupid Lex investigation.

He doesn't believe she does but then she does things that make him doubt her, and he gets confused. He wants to believe the best, but he's been burned so often in life, it's hard for him to believe 100% that she would choose him over (a non-evil version of) Lex Luthor.
I guess that is the one good thing about how things happen in canon, Lois choses Clark over Lex without knowing Lex is a crook. Although it is unclear that Clark ever learns this fact.

Isn't it ironic? laugh <<Also, she's made such headway in HER investigation>>
I was thinking thought that Lois does things towards her investigation of Luthor. It is unclear Clark actually does anything as part of his investigation of Luthor.

Admitting that she knows and is investigating Luthor?
Maily just him learning that she is investigating Luthor, not really thinking of dating him.

John Pack Lambert