I didn't know that, because when I first watched it was on Netflix's instant list, and the 10 minutes prior to Henderson / Perry barging into the wedding had been cut. grumble When I finally bought the DVD, I was like. [Linked Image] Now THIS makes more sense.
That has to be the worst part of the show to cut. It is the climax of season 1.

So, running in quicksand doesn't count? Do we ever see Clark actively investigating Luthor in canon either? [Linked Image]
Well, we were comparing Lois and Clark on hidden investigations, not Clark and canon Clark.

So we skipped over Sunday. It is good I ask, otherwise I would be lost. Perry's birthday was the 17th, so this is the 21st of March, 1992, right?
Yikes! Have they time-warped again? 1994! wink
Sorry for getting the year wrong. It was not late at night, so I have no excuse.

LOIS: Okay, you've got to stop calling me that. I was told that the watch only cost, at most, $500;
I will not stop griping about the watch until it is gone.

I'm also using his technology against him.
Anyway I was saying her cover is bought with the watch, not her in reality.

Knowing that he is watching me and my every move, I've got to walk that very narrow tightrope. Sometimes, I slip. But if anyone thinks I would EVER sell myself to *any* man -- let alone a criminal like Lex -- for that paltry a sum, they don't know me at all.
So what would she sell herself for?

EW: Clark is still under the delusion that LoLex = Rolex in this dimension, which it doesn't.
Well, with no one recognizing Rolex, it makes sense.

And in many states it's legal for a 14 y.o. to marry (with permission from their parents). Why this would ever be allowed and the parents wouldn't be held accountable for child-selling, child endangerment, or child neglect and/or abuse for allowing this, is beyond my comprehension. Just because it is LEGAL doesn't mean it is right.
Actually, the vast majority of states do not allow marriages under the age of 16 without judicial permission, although several of those states have only changed the law in the last 20 years.

sad, although I had not realized he knew she accepted the date.
Mr. Super Ears didn't hear her accept Lex's lunch offer?
I was thinking he had been out of the office at the time. Or maybe just hoping such.

That does not mean he should go along with it anymore than absolutely necessary.
He's just giving it back with as much as she is.
frown that Clark is not trusting her more.

Clark:Why am I supposed to trust her again?
LOIS: Because I'm trying to save your life, lunkhead!
But she has not explained that. She has made it sound like them breaking up is to protect her.

Why again is Lois willing to meet with Lex when she barely escaped the Arc?
Because she doesn't know everything you do about Luthor.
So if she knew how bad Luthor was, she would run from him with proper fear?

But if Lois was permanently removed from the picture, Cat might have a chance with Clark.
Cat doesn't believe that... well, not anymore.
This is good for her mental health. Because if Clark was confronted again with a Lois-less world he would go crazy.

Yes, but looking at the whole thing from Cat's POV, she thinks they've been at it for months.
Wait, does Cat think they became making love after getting sprayed with Revenge? Or just while in the honeymoon suite?

Hmm, did I misunderstand Lois's statement, or is this another case of lead and switch. Although, I guess it makes a lot more sense for Lois to be saying she is not the type of friend who feels up to sharing that with Cat.
Lois was being obtuse on purpose in case anyone overheard.
I guess that makes sense, she is still denying any relationship with Clark at most levels.

I've always wondered that as well, but it is a common enough surname, much more so than Bender or Carlin. :rolleyes:
I guess you do have a point. Even if it is a repeat I always noticed, it never seemed suspect.

Although without Clark, does Lex have as much motive to want Lois?
LOIS: [Linked Image] EXcuse me?
I thought she would be made at that line.

I guess Lex Jr. wanting the lady who almost was his stepmother was disturbing. Although maybe the truly disturbing thing was Lois dating someone old enough to be her father.
'cause *that's* not common in this society at all.
Many things that are common are disturbing.

EW: Better Mayson than that crooked DA who wants Lois to go to prison.

JOHN: Actually since Mayson is the ADA, I always assumed she worked for Clemmons.
She does, but Clemmons isn't taking a personal vested interest in Lois's case this time as he did in S4.
It is hard to make political hay out of prosecuting people accused of harboring the innocent. Too much chance to expose your office's incompetence.

Oh, come on. Even Clark slips up every once and a while and says stuff like "lead lined" and "her pulse rate was over XYZ". He can mess up, but Lois can't? That's not fair.
But Clark isn't giving himself away to hardened criminals.

Those would be hard charges to get to stick, especially with Bender and Associates on his side. He did not force them into the arc, and he has not actually physically prevented them from leaving.
Are you sure?
Actually, I am not sure if he has prevented them from leaving would be material. I see no evidence any have tried to leave, so even if the place is locked, it would be hard to prove kidnapping. The burden of evidence will the on the prosecutors to prove kidnapping.

Some people do not deserve compassion.
LOIS: Oh, so, Clark... er.... Superman is allowed to be compassion to everyone, but I have to pick and choose. Gee, that's a double standard.
When has Clark ever been compassionate towards Luthor?

I *meant* I'm trying to avoid parts where they never interact at all, but sometimes the plot dictates it. My apologies for any confusion.
Oh that is a lot better.

Positive reader: well, we had Lois giving Clark a back rub and touching his elbow. They did interact, a little.

John Pack Lambert