John: Thank you. smile1

I wish she had. Then we could be sure the curse was gone. On the other hand, this story might also be a lot shorter if she had remembered it was his birthday then.
You mean, because Lois would have died? hyper Also, she might break out the big box before we reach the end of the story.

Or that much resolve to not be with Clark in that way once she had experienced it. OK, maybe she has that much resolve. The emotional weight on both of them would be horrendous.
And on the Readers.

At least he managed to thank her. For a bit I was afraid he would lead into his rejecting her speech.
What? He already told her he couldn't go through with it. Okay, he didn't explain what he meant by that, but still.

I love her teasing him with him not knowing she knows the secret.
LOIS: This is his punishment.

I hope she does not have so much fun she decides to keep it that way indefinately.
LOIS: Why would I do that? It's too exhausting keeping up this facade. I don't know how he does it. Oh, right, invulnerable.

You really are drawing up the ambiguity about what happened at the hospital as much as possible.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.