I am smile1 because that was way, way, way, way better than I thought it would be.

I was hoping Clark would manage to tell Lois that he was Superman, so he could know that she knows, but I really did not expect that.

I have to say I am not 100% sure if I believe Lois' description of the events. Either way I am convinced the curse does not apply, so I wish she would just let Clark think they made love.

“I can’t do this,” Clark said, wincing and dropping his fork to his plate with a clatter.
smile1 That she can forget that detail, even for a moment shows that they really have a chance to be a solid couple at some point.

It was another one of those questions to which she didn’t have an answer.
She could ask him. See Lois, if you let him know you know, you could learn about him so much faster.

She had called Clark at work an hour before, letting him know that Henderson had tentatively identified Clark’s assailant as Joe Rory, a two-bit freelance muscle.
I like this added detail. It makes stories so much fuller to have names of characters.

Clark had said he was just finishing his exclusive Superman interview.
Lois:There he goes lieing to me again. I should keep a close count of how often he lies to me.

He volunteered to add her name to his byline of the attack story and shoot the final version over to Perry with Joe Rory’s name attached.
Did she accept this?

Clark then asked if he could pick up dinner and meet her at her apartment, because they needed to talk. She had said ‘yes’.
dance they are going to talk. OK, I would not be able to be happy about it unless I had read through the whole part. Maybe they did not say what I wished they would say, but it was so much better than I feared, that I have to party

John Pack Lambert