Well Clark, considering your decision last time to break up with her on your birthday we'll have to see how this turns out.

Today was the date Clark had chosen as his birthday when he arrived on Earth, so it counted.
The day he celebrates his birth regardless of his "real" birthday is still a time to celebrate. I'd sing about unbirthdays but don't feel it makes sense here as March 1st IS his birthday, just not on this particular Earth.

“That’s better. It’s not much, but…” She shrugged. “I wanted to get you a tracking bug, so you’d know that I would always know where you had run off to, but I didn’t have time to get it.”

His eyes opened wide and he gulped.

Lois decided that Clark not knowing that she knew his secret could be a bit of fun.
Lois: *needleneedle*

“Aren’t you going to open your gift?” Lois interrupted.

He gulped, and she saw his gaze dart away from hers and down her body for a split second. “My gift?”
Yup, we know where Clark's mind is at right now. Down a certain gutter (in the best way possible, that is.)

“Uh-huh,” she murmured, resting her lips to his and kissing him again. Then she kissed across his cheek to his ear. “Just rip the paper. It’s okay. We’re not going to keep it.”
Oh my, my, my, Lois. You really ARE evil. Teasing him like that when you've made a decision to cut things off. Cruel. Simply cruel.

Clark ripped the paper and uncovered a pen case. He opened it and removed a stainless steel ‘Space Pen’ made with NASA technology. “A pen?”

“It’s the kind they use on space missions, on the Prometheus, and in the military. The ink is pressurized, so it lasts a long time, so long it’s guaranteed never to dry out. You can use it in extreme temperatures, and even under water or upside-down and the ink remains smooth and clear. I figured it was just the kind of pen a friend…” Lois’s voice faded as her guilt from her kiss with Superman crashed over her again. She cleared her throat and pushed past it. “…a friend of Superman’s should have.”
I used to have one of those. I bought it back when I was working at a science museum (to this day one of my favorite jobs). When Christmas came around the museum entry was packed... and freezing from the consistent amount of foot traffic coming through the sliding doors. As a result we couldn't write out memberships because our pens would freeze solid. I decided to circumvent that for myself and bought one from the gift shop. It worked extremely well until it ran out of ink and I tried to replace the ink canister. I lost a piece of the pen and couldn't put it back together again. whinging

She set the bag on the table and started clearing away the dinner dishes. She had lost her appetite as well. Clark shrugged and opened the bag. His eyes widened as he pulled yet another pen out from the bag.

“Silly, right?” Lois asked.

It was a lava lamp pen, which would light up whenever he wrote with it.
*waggles eyebrows* I love that they have these little in-jokes between them. The mark of a good relationship. Or would be if they weren't so darn lunkheaded. The BOTH of them.

It wasn’t until Lois felt her kitchen floor firmly below her feet again that Clark drew slightly back from her. “Lois, I need to know exactly what happened at the hospital.”
He's seriously trying to figure out whether he can make love to her right then and there or break up with her.

“I thought I was asleep. A beautiful superheroine flew through my window and started to kiss me. What else could I think?” Clark replied, pressing his hands against the counter on either side of her waist and leaning onto her, so that their whole bodies touched.

Lois skimmed right over ‘beautiful’ and went straight to, “Superheroine? Flew?” He could see the laughter in her eyes.
I almost wonder if the canon-Lois either a) told him about her time as UltraWoman or b) he saw Canon Lois's costume in among the spare ones (as I suspect he DID need to change them like the Canon Clark does.) Also, (assuming he did not see the costume) I wonder what he thought his Lois's costume looked like.

“Awww, Chuck, do you have fantasies about me having Superman’s powers?” she asked, stopping him to place a hand to his cheek. “I’d like to hear more about that. What happened after I kissed you?”
I wonder what Lois thinks of that. It is kind of endearing.

“Kidding?” Lois chuckled. “”I hear it’s the best cure for being cold,’ you told me. There’s a come-on line straight out the hypothermia playbook.”

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw her cross her arms and study him.

“You really don’t remember, do you?” she went on, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. She looked exceedingly pleased with this development.

Clark shifted the weight from one foot to the other. He wasn’t pleased at this loss of control with the situation, not in the least.

“We decided that it wouldn’t be good to attract the guard’s attention with your screams of pleasure,” she purred, breathing the words into his ear.
I really wonder what Lois would think if she had realized that it might have been the last situation where she would have had free reign to make love to him without him worrying about a possible "curse."

Lois seemed absorbed in what he was saying. “Proceeded to what, Clark?” She had a big entertained grin on her face. “Discuss the current sociopolitical crisis?”

Clark cleared his throat. “Kiss me,” he said, chickening out.

She raised a questioning eyebrow, and he knew she had caught his omission.

“Amongst other things,” he mumbled, setting down the plate. He had run out of busy work to avoid looking directly at Lois.

Lois wrapped her arms around his waist. “Clark, are you trying to ask me whether or not we made love?”

He pulled her tightly against his chest, so she wouldn’t see his embarrassed expression. “Hot passionate sex, actually,” he murmured into her hair.
“Why don’t you whisper in my ear what happened in your fantasy, and I’ll tell you whether it’s true?” Lois suggested.

Whispering in her ear would be good, then he wouldn’t have to look her in the eye. He placed his mouth next to her ear and started to describe in detail what he could recall from his fantasy with Meena.
Aaaand right about now I'm wishing you'd make an nfic version of this scene so we could hear Clark telling her what he had fantasized happened.

His hands coasted down Lois’s back, touching, squeezing, wanting, yet resisting the urge to pull her shirt up, just so he could touch the soft skin at her waist. He knew words had the power to move people, but he never knew that describing their love making to Lois could be so erotic. It was almost as if they were reliving it with their clothes on.
And again why I'd love to read the nfic version.

Clark felt his face fell. They hadn’t made love. They hadn’t proven Herb wrong. He still couldn’t risk being intimate with Lois. The curse was back, hanging like a Jolly Roger over their heads and laughing in derision at them. He closed his eyes as he felt his dreams and all his hopes crash against the rocks of reality.
Aaaaaaand breakup time.

“Someone is trying to kill me. Somebody, or organization, out there wants me dead. If it became public knowledge that you and I… that we…” he said, looking at her sad eyes. He cupped her jaw with his hand. “If they discovered how much you mean to me, they could hurt you to get to me. I can’t let that happen, but I also… I also can’t stay away… I can’t break your heart, Lois. I don’t have the strength.”
They're both on the same wavelength for once, I guess. Too bad it's in something that will damage their own relationship.

“You’re breaking up with me because you love me?” he echoed, his voice full of sarcasm. That was the most lunkheaded, to coin a phrase, thing he had ever heard.
Um, Clark? Wasn't that what you had been about to do?

Clark stood at her front door, his suitcase in one hand and his birthday gifts in the other. “I hate this,” he whispered.

“Me, too,” Lois agreed. “You need to remember that this is only temporary, Clark, and it’s just a ruse.” She set her hand over his heart. “We’ll be together here, if nowhere else.” Then she leaned in and kissed him softly, never letting go of his heart.
*shouting* Clark, LISTEN to that. The RUSE part!!!! It's important!!!!!!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)