-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --

I knew really noticing the mole would destroy Superman's secret. I guess making sure people don't look at his face was crucial.
As canon Martha said, nobody would be looking at his face.

Lois knows. Now we just have to hope she does not think he was running off to make love to Cat.
She's already past that point.

she still loves him. ALthough she might still be mad about Cat. Hmm.
Being friends with Cat is the least of his transgressions.

He does need to tell her more. Not that he really knows much more.
Eventually.

Except that there are lots of things she does not know. Also, some things she does know will not really add up.
Which is why she needs time to process it all.

that they did not talk more know. I guess that is why you had the intruder. Otherwise Clark would just need to stop Nightfall, and that would leave him a little more time to talk to her.
He's kind of has a bit on his plate at the moment.

I guess explaning that an intruder had tried to kill Cat and then jumped from the apartment and he needs to report it to Henderson would be a bit much at this point.
Not a good time. Anyway, Lois would probably run back to Clark's, and he doesn't want that.

Why bother asking, the last time he trusted she was alright, he clearly made the wrong decision.
That's why he's asking now. Last time, she wasn't all right, so he's making sure she will be this time.

I guess it makes sense this still hurts her.
She's talking about Superman breaking up with her after Lex shot her.

Well, that is because he sees himself as first and foremost Clark. Hopefully he will be able to convince her that he is Clark first.
LOIS: Clark, who?

Just joking. smile1

Ralph really rubs me the wrong way. Lacking memories and being "brainless" are not the same thing. His willingness to exploit people's weaknesses makes him a really unliable character. I guess though that is the whole point of him, we are not supposed to like him, at all, ever, in any way.
I'm perfectly fine with everyone hating Ralph. His type always rubs me the wrong way, which is why he tends to end up as a very hateable man (if not to the point of villainry due to lack of brain cells) in my fics.

Not at all. She is not responsible for Luthor being so disturbed, in any way.
This is Lois's equivilant to Clark blaming himself if his enemies use Lois to get to him.

That is the truly difficult part.
LOIS: wallbash

At least she does not assume she knows the full truth.
Clearly, she doesn't have all the details.

Of course she is wrong. He may or may not be able to convince her that he is really Clark with his current memories.
Still he has to convince her of the possiblities of another dimension which without proof might be difficult.

A baby from Krypton.
LOIS: Clark had a baby?!

she realizes Superman is not truly who he is.
She's only thinking about the title not the persona.

True, but in some ways that means it has more meaning.
CLARK: I like it.

Clark:Clark Jerome Kent.

Lois:How?

Clark:This will take a lot of explaining, and I really don't remember much of it. Some of it makes no sense, like how you made the Superman suit and yet did not know I was Superman.

Lois:I did not make the Superman suit.

Clark:Sure you did, back when you had shorter hair.

Lois: <<dizzy>>

Clark:I don't really understand either. By the way, did I help you move?

Lois: <<still dizzy>> I havn't moved since before we met.

Clark:But I rmeember you living in a different place. Oh, this is so confusing.
I don't think that amnesiac Clark even realizes this truth about himself.

I think she is being way to hard on herself. Clark would never see her actions as cheating, and if he doesn't, then how can they be?
Because *she* sees them as such.

Destroying a man's ability to live a normal life is not a good reporters job.
Not figuring out that CK=SM doesn't necessitate that she would out him once she learned the information.

She has seen through Luthor. Maybe not as quick as some, but sonner than most.
Still doesn't make her feel good that both Clark / Superman and Lex had been able to hoodwink her to some degree.

But she saw the truth about Clark now.
It only took 9 months.

Actually, she is still not one of the people who knows the full truth. Well, she has been told most of it, but has not pieced it together.
LOIS: There's more? How can there be more? CK=SM and he's from Krypton. Pretty cut and dry, I think.

Words sure to cause him to press for more information.
Exactly. But she DID say, I can't tell you. She DID try.

The surest way to destroy a cover is to reveal it exists to begin with.
She's already told Perry that Clark wasn't who he had told them he was.

Clearly Perry does not know if he is worried. Well, unless he knows a lot, hmm.
Right. He could be faking it to learn how much she really knows.

At least she no longer thinks he cheated on her. Still I don't think she is right she cheated on him. I think in her heart she knew the truth.
[Linked Image]

So now Perry knows he has a secret identity.
Perry thinks Lois is distraught about something and is blathering like an idiot, not making any sense.

And Cat uses one for the other. She also sues aggresive hinting to smoke out information.
CAT: We each have our own techniques.

she still gets negative impact from Tempus after he erased himself from time.
Sadly, yes, which is why Herb wanted to erase canon Lois's brain about meeting Tempus in the first place.

So much for her claim she is such a better liar than Clark.
It was a big shock and she's not thinking straight at the moment.

Well, maybe at some level it is why he did not tell her without plenty of time to explain.
CLARK: Yes. [Linked Image]

This is not really a convincing explanation.
PERRY: I agree.

Lois:No. Trask was totally wrong in thinking I had a romantic relationship with Superman.
Perry was basing this assumption on Lois's actions after that time, not before.

Clark:Our kissing has not been sufficient. I think we should do some more before talking.
LOIS: Like *that's* going to happen.

Actually it sounds like a complete lie. However it is probably better than bringing up she thought Clark was cheating with Cat.
LOIS: That part isn't important. This story works better... for my image.

Lois:But I want to know.
Perry means that if Lois isn't sure, then he (Perry) doesn't know for sure.

Oh, he wants to be left in the dark. Makes sense. The fewer people who know, the safer the secret is.
Exactly.

Hmm, and will she be able to keep this secret?
Clark's secret, or the fact that she spilled the beans to Perry?

“No, because we didn’t have that conversation,” she retorted.
JOHN: At first I thought she meant her and Superman. On second reading I say she is denying having talked to Perry.
She's talking about the conversation Perry just told her that they didn't have.

That at least is true.
Much of what Lois says is true (kind of like Clark), from a certain POV.

Well, I am glad Lois knows. I am hoping she gets to talk with Clark about all this soon.
Sure, why not? Right. Because talking things out is what this Lois and Clark are all about, right? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.