but with each passing hour without hearing from him, each minute the clock ticked closer towards doomsday, her fear for Superman’s well-being increased.
She really needs to learn the truth.

She shifted her gaze back to Clark. She loved Clark so much, but there was still a part of her, which was enamored with Superman, which still loved Superman, and which would always love him. It was so unfair. Clark deserved better from her.
Well, I guess this will make it slightly easier in some ways when she learns the truth.

“Here. Let me…” He scooped her up and cradled her in his arms, as Superman was apt to do.
Another clue.

Clark stared at her, really focused on her, and his eyes widened. Suddenly, his lips crashed down on hers in fiery passion.
She should see he loves only her.

Faintly, as if carried on a breeze, she heard someone, a female voice, calling to Clark. Was that what he had heard?
He should have told her Cat was there. She was bound to figure it out, and would assume the worse more if he did not tell her.

“I’ve got to run,” he announced, kissing Lois’s cheek and turning towards the blue front door of his building. “I’ll meet up with you at the Planet.”
He should have known Lois would have noticed Cat even if she did not say anything.

It didn’t hurt as much as her heart was hurting from the twisting occuring inside her chest.
I knew Cat's presence would cause problems.

She took another step, trying to catch her breath from the pain of the knowledge that Clark had Cat Grant in his apartment, and that he hadn’t told her.
Well, if he had told her would she have believed his claims that nothing happened?

Her eyes squeezed shut. He had run off as soon as he had heard her. He had been with Lois, but he had run off to be with Cat.
Hopefully he can convince her that was not his goal. He might have to mention the intruder though.

She had believed Clark when he said that he and Cat were just friends. She had bought it, despite knowing what kind of person Cat was. She was a fool! Clark had certainly slept with that strumpet.
Hopefully she can be convinced that this is no more true now then it was in the past.

That would explain his lack of shoes.
So she did notice the missing shoes.

But when Cat had awoken and called to him, he instantly dropped Lois and ran off to be with her.
Yet he was kissing and caressing her, not Cat. I guess it sort of makes sense she sees it that way. I guess after her father it is hard to truly trust men.

Lois couldn’t breathe. She loved Clark. She had been so certain that he loved her in return. How could he have done this to her?
Maybe she needs to realize if it does not add up, she is missing something.

She had promised Perry, her one and only true friend, that she would be there for him.
I hope Calrk can convince her she is wrong about him and Cat.

“Oh, Superman… Clark…” She didn’t know how to put into words her feeling of betrayal.
So she does not suspect CK=SM at all. He maybe should have let her say more.

She knew that the real Clark loved her, but since his amnesiac self had slept with Cat, would she ever be able to forgive him?
frown that she still thinks Clark would ever sleep with Cat.

Somehow, Superman had known of Clark’s betrayal and how she had needed him.
This is a major jump even for her. She has said nothing of Clark "betraying" and yet she thinks he knows.

“How about a lift?” Superman suggested. Chest to chest, he floated them the two of them into the air straight up and into the clouds.
Shouldn't she realize he is holding her differently?

Lois distinctly remembered the first time Superman had taken her into the clouds. It had been so romantic.
Oddly enough, he had been doing it to outmanouver her.

As she gazed deep into Superman’s eyes, it wasn’t hard to recall how it had once been between the two of them. The feelings, which had overpowered her when she had first met him. She relived all those stormy unguarded gazes of longing, which would turn her knees to jelly and held promise of passions to come, that Superman had given her all last summer.
So Clark was right he was shooting himself in the foot in his chances with her as himself.

His anguish when Lex had shot her and how Superman had blamed himself, even to the point of breaking up with her. Yet, despite that, Superman had continued to guard her, and only her, for weeks afterwards, giving up being a hero to make sure that she remained safe.
smile1 she understands why SM did what he did, even if she does not know everything yet.

She didn’t see how she could ever love another again.
whinging she has given up on Clark. I guess if he had slept with Cat I would not blame her, but since his real goal was to go stop Nightfall, and since she was getting abducted, I think he can explain this. I wish he had not left Lois though. He should have realized she was more hurt than she let on.

She remembered the fear and uncertainty that she had lived with day-in and day-out over the last three days, not knowing whether Superman was alive or dead.
She really has it much rouger than Cat. Cat may complain, but at least she knows SM is alive.

He had erased all her grievances with one simple apology.
Clark:If I knew it would be this easy when Lois learned I was SM, I would have told her ages ago.

It felt so good to be in his arms, to be held by him again, and to know that everything would be okay.
How can she say that when she still thinks Clark cheated on her?

Superman was still the sweet, kind, and gentle man he had always been, and deep where she had buried them when he had broken her heart in the woods all those months ago, the missing seven pieces of her heart murmured with hope.
dance she has hope.

That little encouragement was all that Lois needed to press her lips onto his. She melted into him as he opened his mouth, not to protest, but to deepen the kiss. He still wanted her as much as she wanted him.
dance more kissing.

The problem was that Lois didn’t love Superman anymore as she once had. Despite the betrayal of Clark being with Cat, Lois still only really wanted to be with him.
dance she still wants Clark. Now he just has to convince her that he and Cat were not doing what she thought. Ever. In any way.

“Oh, Clark,” she murmured through her tears. How could Clark have done this to her? She remembered how, during her first kiss with Clark, she had pretended he was Superman, and now with Superman all she wanted was to be kissing Clark.
Fortunantly for Lois she can have her hearts desire in all cases.

Here, Lois was no better than her father, cheating on Clark!
Sadly for her father though Mrs. Del Campo was not Ellen in disguise.

She had no proof that Clark had succumbed to Cat’s wiles,
party party At least she recognizes she has no evidence agaisnt Clark that proves anythign.

only that he had withheld the information that Cat had been at his apartment.
Which was probably unwise. However, considering how much he did not want to deal with them fighting I can hardly blame him.

The first chance Lois had, she was kissing another man,
Actually technically it is the same man.

Superman didn’t kiss her.
I am surprised she did not notice this before.

Superman flat out, stubbornly, refused to kiss her.
He doesn't remember why. Plus he thinks the reason why is gone. He might have a clue as to why, but he does not remember that detail.

Superman’s kisses wouldn’t be so warm, and soft, and addicting as Clark’s, would they?
Good question. I like that she is noticing how alike the kisses are. In canon that always seemed odd that she didn't notice anything, especially since it was a touch that eventually clued her in. Especially since during the heat incident he touched her in the exact, once as SM and once as CK, about as far apart as he did when she finally clues in.

“Lois,” Superman murmured against her lips, even sounding like Clark.
party she is figuring it out.

The more she kissed Superman, the more recognizable this familiar sensation became, this sensation that she wasn’t kissing Superman, but she was actually kissing a man whose lips she knew quite well.
Hopefully she is also realizing that Clark did not run off to be with Cat the way she thought he was. Although I really am confused why he ran back to his aparetment at all. Oh right, he needed to get the boots.

John Pack Lambert