Her mind buzzed with what had just happened, what it meant,
Hopefully she no longer thinks Clark was cheating on her.

why she hadn’t seen the clues before,
His fear of discorvery caused him to hide them, but without his memory he lacked a deep seated fear.

She felt like she was repeating that day she had jumped out of Trask’s airplane and Superman had caught her.
Except this time she is not afraid Superman is dead.

Only how had he caught her? Clark had been up in Trask’s plane too.
Much faster to hear her scream than if he had been elsewhere.

Oh, that was right; he had told her that he had jumped out after her.
And the logistics of SM catching both of them had not bothered her?

Ralph stuck a finger in Lois’s face. “This is about Kent, isn’t it? He told you about me reminding him of our little bet on the Nets game, didn’t he?”
So that was Ralph.

Ralph blanched. “Geez, Lane, don’t get your panties in a twist. It was only fifty bucks.”
So did he manage to extort the money from Clark?

“If I see you anywhere near Clark in the next week,
So she realizes he does not have all his memory back, or she is just angry?

but that you tried to con Clark.”
I guess he did not get the money.

Lois’s eyes widened. How could she answer that question?
Clark:See coming up with excuses is harder than people think.

“Uh… he had something to do,” she sputtered and returned inside the conference room, shutting the door.
Well it is true. It was very important to.

“Did you threaten to kill him too?” Ralph yelled through the closed door. “Is that how he ended up brainless?”
Ralph really rubs me the wrong way. Lacking memories and being "brainless" are not the same thing. His willingness to exploit people's weaknesses makes him a really unliable character. I guess though that is the whole point of him, we are not supposed to like him, at all, ever, in any way.

She sat down on the couch and buried her face in her hands. It was her fault that Lex's goons had abducted Clark and thrown him in the bay.
Not at all. She is not responsible for Luthor being so disturbed, in any way.

Lex had tried to kill him because of her, she was sure of it.
smile1 she accepts the truth about Luthor.

Now, she only had to prove it.
That is the truly difficult part.

Lois felt battered and bruised from all the ups and downs in her two relationships with the same man, whose true identity she still did not know.
At least she does not assume she knows the full truth.

Clearly he wasn’t “Clark Kent”.
Of course she is wrong. He may or may not be able to convince her that he is really Clark with his current memories.

Clark Kent was the baby in the almost unmarked grave in Smallville.
A baby from Krypton.

“Superman” wasn’t a name, but a title, a nickname of sorts for what he could do.
smile1 she realizes Superman is not truly who he is.

“Chuck” was the closest to a real name that she had for him, but she had given him that pet name.
True, but in some ways that means it has more meaning.

What was his real name anyway?
Clark:Clark Jerome Kent.

Lois:How?

Clark:This will take a lot of explaining, and I really don't remember much of it. Some of it makes no sense, like how you made the Superman suit and yet did not know I was Superman.

Lois:I did not make the Superman suit.

Clark:Sure you did, back when you had shorter hair.

Lois: dizzy

Clark:I don't really understand either. By the way, did I help you move?

Lois: dizzy I havn't moved since before we met.

Clark:But I rmeember you living in a different place. Oh, this is so confusing.

[Quote}"I'm a horrible person[/Quote]

I think she is being way to hard on herself. Clark would never see her actions as cheating, and if he doesn't, then how can they be?

and an even worse reporter,”
Destroying a man's ability to live a normal life is not a good reporters job.

she said as the tears poured down her cheeks. “I’m weak,
No, her heart just sees what her mind misses.

and gullible,
She has seen through Luthor. Maybe not as quick as some, but sonner than most.

and blind.”
But she saw the truth about Clark now.

“Wow, you discovered all that in less than an hour?” he asked.
Lois:Some of it I learned last night.

“I found out who Clark Kent really is,” she admitted.
Actually, she is still not one of the people who knows the full truth. Well, she has been told most of it, but has not pieced it together.

She could hear the incredulity in his voice. He thought she was carrying on over nothing. Nothing. Ha! She wished. “I can’t tell you.”
Words sure to cause him to press for more information.

Lois jumped to her feet and started to pace. “You already know, don’t you? I bet you do. I’m sure everyone here knows. If Cat had figured it out, clearly it couldn’t be that difficult, right? I’m such an idiot!”
The surest way to destroy a cover is to reveal it exists to begin with.

“You’re not an idiot, honey. What’s bothering you? Did something happen with Clark?”
Clearly Perry does not know if he is worried. Well, unless he knows a lot, hmm.

“Yes, I cheated on him!”
At least she no longer thinks he cheated on her. Still I don't think she is right she cheated on him. I think in her heart she knew the truth.

she announced, quickening her pace. “I kissed another man, kind of, sort of, not really. Well, I thought it was another man.”
So now Perry knows he has a secret identity.

“Yes! No! I don’t know. Maybe, sort of. Don’t say you didn’t know about it, because according to Cat the whole office knows,” Lois snapped.
Waht Cat claims and the truth are not always the same.

“Lois, what the whole office knows and what the whole office suspects are two different things entirely,” Perry clarified.
And Cat uses one for the other. She also sues aggresive hinting to smoke out information.

“Okay, so perhaps I’m not an idiot,” she said, dropping back onto the sofa, but that didn’t stop her from feeling like one, a galactic one.
frown she still gets negative impact from Tempus after he erased himself from time.

“Maybe everyone else doesn’t know.”
Just Cat, and Martha, and Jonathan, and Henderson and Carlos. Although She does not know Carlos, and Martha and Jonathan knew the truth about baby Clark to help them.

“Slow down, Lois. First things first, you found out Clark’s true identity?” Perry said.

“Mostly,” she admitted, biting her bottom lip.
At least she recognizes there are still important things she does not know.

“He’s not Clark Kent from Kansas then?” Perry probed.

She scoffed with a roll of her eyes. “Hardly.”
Actually he is, just a different Kansas.

“No, our Clark, the guy we know as Clark stole that Clark’s identity.
Not really, he did not know there was a Clark Kent to steal the identity of.

“I’m not sure, and I won’t be sure until he tells me,” Lois said,
At least she accepts she does not know the full truth.

Lois’s eyes went wide as she gulped. Holy crap! She tried to laugh away this guess but she found that she couldn’t move.
So much for her claim she is such a better liar than Clark.

The best she could manage was a weak smile. Was this why Clark hadn’t told her? Not fifteen minutes had passed since she had found out, and she had already given away his secret to the editor of their newspaper.
Well, maybe at some level it is why he did not tell her without plenty of time to explain.

He held up his hands. “I don’t know this.”
He needs to not know it.

“I kissed him.”

Perry looked both confused and skeptical at the same time, before asking, “Who?”
This is not really a convincing explanation.

“But you’ve kissed him before, haven’t you?” he asked.
Lois:No. Trask was totally wrong in thinking I had a romantic relationship with Superman.

“No! It was the first time. Well, I mean, I’ve kissed Clark plenty of times,
Clark:Our kissing has not been sufficient. I think we should do some more before talking.

but this was the first time I’d kissed him while he was dressed in the Super Suit,” Lois admitted.
At least now Perry knows why she thinks she knows.

“I was so excited to see him, Superman him, and know that he would save us from Nightfall, that I went a little overboard with my greeting.” Okay, that wasn’t the full truth, but it was close enough.
Actually it sounds like a complete lie. However it is probably better than bringing up she thought Clark was cheating with Cat.

“So, you’re not sure. Good. Let’s keep it that way.
Lois:But I want to know.

If I don’t have the cold hard facts, I can’t print it. This conversation never happened,” Perry said, heading for the door.
Oh, he wants to be left in the dark. Makes sense. The fewer people who know, the safer the secret is.

“Fine by me,” Lois agreed. If Clark ever found out that she had spilled the beans on him to their editor, he would be less than thrilled.
Hmm, and will she be able to keep this secret?

Perry turned around to face her again. “Did you say that Superman’s back? That he’s heading to stop Nightfall?”

“No, because we didn’t have that conversation,” she retorted.
At first I thought she meant her and Superman. On second reading I say she is denying having talked to Perry.

“But Superman is back. He just gave me a lift to the Planet.”
That at least is true.

“For future reference, Lois, that’s the story you should lead with!” Perry growled,
It avoids unwanted conversations.

Well, I am glad Lois knows. I am hoping she gets to talk with Clark about all this soon.

John Pack Lambert