Michael: Only 20 more parts to do by Tuesday to catch up! laugh Just joking, please don't pass out. Michael? Michael! Darn it.

<shocked Reader looking like Bill The Cat, hitting a wall and being chased by wildguys> Nah, Just kiddin’. Sort of. Kinda. And since I’m so behind that PML is likely posted by now, too, it’s not *that* bad a situation.
cool

Right. He’s blameless. Just like it’s not his fault that there is no real Santa at the North Pole. /points at North Pole digging operation from Lex Mining that forcibly relocated an entire village of elves to the South Pole/
LEX: It's not like they were indiguous. They had transplanted themselves there and Santa was using them as slave labor. I rescued them.

Somehow I’m thinking they could probably blame Superman for that one, too.
CLARK: grumble Damned if I do. Damned if I don't.

Yep, Lois is already getting all gooey eyed over Lex.
Uh... no?

How about he drops Lex from 30,000 feet?
Nah, for that, I think they'd find SM guilty.

So, she’s just arguing for argument’s sake? Hoping for a little bit of make-up sex?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Oh, look. Is that Mayson Drake showing up early?
No.

So, a Clark who keeps his mouth shut and his pants off?
LOIS: Funny that you should mention that...

His abs? His pecs? His bottom? His biceps?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Not ‘love’ loved, just really, really liked it.

ER: So, liked it really hard, huh?
LOIS: YES! YES! YES! I mean, no. Not at all. That sounded like a double entendre, and I didn't mean that at all. Not in the slightest. No, sirree. We're just friends. Do you have any chocolate?

He really should have mentioned that Superman had been doing the transportation.
[Linked Image]

She had to ‘work’ with Lex Luthor that night?
Doubt Clark would have gone to Smallville in that case.

Hey, maybe Martha used Stevia?
Maybe. But it's 1993. More likely honey. wink

/goes back and forth on whether the right thing is meant to be Clark staying the night and keeping Lois in her apartment the next two weeks, or leaving/
LOIS: YES! That's exactly what I meant. I mean, I want the former, but he lied to me so it really should be the latter, but HAVE YOU SEEN HIM? I definitely want the former, you know?

It’s called ‘getting shot’.
LOIS: Phishaw! Got to cross that off my to-do list.

Ah, she’s going out as Superman-bait?
[Linked Image]

I’m sure Lex could change that.
LOIS: Bet he could try. Bet he fails.

LEX: Challenge Accepted!

The last thing she needed was him to hang out on her roof like some eagle hunting prey.

The terms are ‘gargoyle’ or ‘Batman’.
rotflol Yes, those are time-honored classics, but I was trying something new.

So, she’s telling Boyfriend A that he may please tell Boyfriend B that she will now entertain his company.
LOIS: Well, Boyfriend A did *dump* me.

/crosses fingers that Lois will interpret this as ‘wife’/
[Linked Image]

LOIS: He’ll have me now! He’ll have me now! ...

LOIS: Oh, shucks…
rotflol

He said ‘with’, Lois. ‘with Clark’. Although, yes, she would belong ‘to’ Lex. Or ‘to’ Kal-El.
So, you don't think it's in Lois's character to hear something that wasn't said and beat someone over the head with the error?

Indeed. Lois alone for several minutes can invite all sorts of death and mayhem.
CLARK: Exactly!

Depends on whether the door is studded with Kryptonite shards. Actually, what if someone sent a bomb to Lois that contains Kryptonite shards in its outer layer. Depending on when Clark will get there, he’ll either fly away with the exploding package and get torn up or find Lois peppered with Kryptonite shards and faint on top of her before he realizes what’s going on.
<<clears throat>> She's assuming that Clark's human and the door is wood.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.