I have placed "Witness", due to its Christmas decor, after "Man of Steel Bars" and before "Pheromone, My Lovely". I apologize if this causes any confusion.
razz

even with Clark showing her that the LexCorp Air Conditioning division had a two thousand percent increase in sales in November.
clap

Profit wasn’t everything, she had countered.
Uh-huh.

Lois stood by that opinion, but she didn’t stand behind it.
So, she’s just arguing for argument’s sake? Hoping for a little bit of make-up sex?

Agreeing with Clark vocally would only give credence to the opinion that, in this matter and this matter alone, Clark had been right, and she had been W-R-O-N-G.
Awwwwwwwww…

If so, why hadn’t he moved on? Thank goodness he hadn’t because try as hard as she might, she couldn’t move on past him either.
Oh, look. Is that Mayson Drake showing up early?

The ‘ideal Clark’ being Clark when he wasn’t lying.
So, a Clark who keeps his mouth shut and his pants off?

but there was just something about Clark that made it hard to stay angry with him.
His abs? His pecs? His bottom? His biceps?

Not ‘love’ loved, just really, really liked it.
So, liked it really hard, huh?

It was probably better to let Clark have some one-on-one bonding time with the Kents anyway.
He really should have mentioned that Superman had been doing the transportation.

but she was sure Clark could easily explain his wife’s absence with a ‘she had to work’ excuse.
She had to ‘work’ with Lex Luthor that night?

Although, after having picked at a microwave turkey dinner and hearing how Superman had flown Clark out to Lawrence,
See?

Even Clark had eaten a sliver, but that was because Martha had told him it was sugar free. Lois was doubtful about the truth of that statement, but if Clark couldn’t tell, she wasn’t going to rat Martha out and halt Clark’s progress.
clap Hey, maybe Martha used Stevia?

She didn’t trust herself to do the right thing should he ever embrace her. She hated that with Clark the ‘right thing’ felt so wrong.
/goes back and forth on whether the right thing is meant to be Clark staying the night and keeping Lois in her apartment the next two weeks, or leaving/

She had no idea what sudden transformation she had gone through that summer to become this woman men had this innate need to protect, as some fragile vase or flower, but it was becoming damn annoying.
It’s called ‘getting shot’.

. True, she had started dressing a bit more stylishly and femininely since she had met Superman,
Ah, she’s going out as Superman-bait?

which was unfair to her, because she wasn’t a victim in any way, shape, or form.
I’m sure Lex could change that.

The last thing she needed was him to hang out on her roof like some eagle hunting prey.
The terms are ‘gargoyle’ or ‘Batman’.

“Find Clark and tell him he can stay the night here…
So, she’s telling Boyfriend A that he may please tell Boyfriend B that she will now entertain his company.

“I do have a life, you know,” he countered.
/crosses fingers that Lois will interpret this as ‘wife’/

Superman approached one of her large windows, and instead of exiting, he shut it and locked it.
LOIS: He’ll have me now! He’ll have me now!

“Keep your doors and windows locked,” he said, disregarding her statement of the bald truth. “I’ll send Clark by shortly.”
LOIS: Oh, shucks…

“I don’t belong to Clark any more than I belong to you or Luthor or any other man for that matter.
He said ‘with’, Lois. ‘with Clark’. Although, yes, she would belong ‘to’ Lex. Or ‘to’ Kal-El.

Moreover, why had he phrased it in the past tense? “Was.” Did he think she was too stubborn to ever forgive Clark too? Men!
Oh boy.

Lois was still frozen solid with disbelief when Clark arrived some minutes later.

He knocked once, then twice, then a third time, before Lois finally reached for the knob.

“Don’t do that,” Clark said with relief. “I almost burst in here.”
Indeed. Lois alone for several minutes can invite all sorts of death and mayhem.

She smiled at that thought. Clark would probably do more damage to his shoulder than to the door.
Depends on whether the door is studded with Kryptonite shards. Actually, what if someone sent a bomb to Lois that contains Kryptonite shards in its outer layer. Depending on when Clark will get there, he’ll either fly away with the exploding package and get torn up or find Lois peppered with Kryptonite shards and faint on top of her before he realizes what’s going on.

“You may sleep in my guest room, Clark. It’s a bit messy, and the bed needs to be made, but…” Lois said with a shrug. “That’s what you get for peace of mind.”
Yes, I can imagine that he wouldn’t get much peace of mind if he slept with Lois in the same bed.

She had a tradition of working on Christmas, and she wasn’t going to break it for any man, even one who erroneously thought he was her soul mate.
CLARK: Superman, please, she’s my *soulmate*! You can have just about any girl you want. Can’t I at least have this one?

Clark awoke at dawn, amazed he had gotten any sleep at all. Of course, with Lois’s heartbeat in the next room lulling him to sleep, how could he not?
Because of all the naughty thoughts drifting into his mind?

Lois wasn’t up yet, and Clark liked starting the day with a shower.
[Linked Image]

He had just stripped when he heard Lois’s alarm go off.
[Linked Image] It’s six o’clock and he’s naked.

“My apartment. I get the shower first,” she went on, calling through the door.
He’s the guest. They could share.

Clark grabbed the light blue towel off the rack, which she had designated “his” the night before, and wrapped it around his waist, coming to the door.
Let me guess. It’s the smallest one she had? Also evil

“What’s wrong?” Lois asked.

“There isn’t any,” he said, bracing for her next outpouring of annoyance.
So, how can he know if there’s something wrong with it if he hasn’t seen any of it?

Wouldn’t that start the rumor mill at work, if they ended up going straight into work?
Co-worker 1: Looks like Kent bagged Lane again.
CW2: Ya think? No, I’ll go with she bagged him.
CW3: Who cares? This fifty says they’ll be splitsville again by noon.
RALPH: I call dibs on Lane.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.