It was possible that Lex hadn’t known that he had hired shoddy contractors for his LexCorp Nuclear Power Plant, but Lois remained skeptical. Clark – surprise, surprise – thought Luthor was guilty as sin. Although the city didn’t bring legal charges against the billionaire, Clark felt he should be held responsible. ... In the end, she and Clark had decided to agree to disagree. Clark continued to believe that Lex Luthor was the end-all be-all of evil. Lois stood by the opinion that many factors caused the meltdown of the reactor, and Lex Luthor should not be held personally responsible.
There may be many factors but a culture in a company begins with the head honcho (aka Luthor).

Despite the fact that Lex continued to be the same suave, charming man he had always been, Lois started to take what he said with a few more grains of salt.
A few more grains start a pile. Soon you'll have a salt-lick!

Since that night that Lois had embarrassingly begged Clark not to leave her, which he kindly never brought up again, he had changed. She couldn’t place her finger on exactly what it was about him that had altered. Perhaps it was that he wasn’t as flirtatious.
Trying to figure out how to get him to snuggle you close in the cold weather, now are we?

Thank goodness he hadn’t because try as hard as she might, she couldn’t move on past him either. No other man, not counting Superman, came close to the ideal Clark. The ‘ideal Clark’ being Clark when he wasn’t lying.
Hmmmm... methinks she likes the quirky, yet subtle differences between Canon Clark and Alt-Clark.

On the other hand, it was possible he had given up hope entirely. That would explain the sadness she kept seeing in his eyes whenever he gazed at her.
Yes, but not for the reason you'd expect.

Alt-Clark: I wish I could be your Clark but I'm just a placeholder until he can be found and saved. Once you have him in your life I will have to go back to a world where everyone knows I'm someone famous and will never have you OR an ounce of time to myself.

Lois: Clark, quit deluding yourself. It's not healthy. Besides, I'll always be in your life. I'm like a bad penny.

Alt-Clark: Are you sure you want to use that analogy?

When Clark left for the night, Lois had given him a kiss on the cheek and a hug, which she insisted that he pass on to Martha the next time he saw her. With his hand upon his cheek, he had stared at her with such longing for a moment, which had then stretched into two, before Lois had stepped away.
Wearing his heart on his sleeve I guess? I thought that was par for the course for Clark. Admittedly, it's not par for the season 1 course. Now late Season 2 and early season 3...

Maybe Clark had discovered that, like Superman, a relationship with Lois was just too dangerous for her due to the people who were after him.
More like it's too dangerous for his heart. At any time Wells might come and say, "I need your help to save this world's Clark and save Utopia."

“That’s why you should let Clark watch you,” Superman said in response to her joke that he shouldn’t dress in such flashy outfits if he didn’t want to draw attention to himself.
“Okay,” Lois replied, almost before she realized what she was doing. “Find Clark and tell him he can stay the night here… with me… in my apartment.”
I can just imagine the "deer in the headlights" look of Lois for admitting this.

“No, Lois, I’ll never really have you,” he echoed. “You belong with Clark.”
"Your Clark that is."

Superman took hold of her hand and placed a soft kiss on the tip of her pointed finger. “I meant only that he was your true soul mate, not me,” he said, brandishing her with one of his rare smiles, sad that it was. “I’m sorry, Lois.” He opened the door and left.
Doesn't this seem a little odd in that it might well come back to haunt the canon Clark somehow? Maybe as a result of this Lois avoids being attracted to Superman and pursues Clark? (this is assuming Wells "corrects" things and can find a way to save Canon Clark.)

Mr. Tracewski shot a panicked glance at Clark and inched backwards towards the door. Clark could hear the man’s heart rate accelerating.
Mr. Make-up/Finn: Waitaminute. Didn't Barbara tell me that she was a loner? I didn't get paid enough to kill BOTH of them.

“Oh, I’ve got a new tape for you,” she said, dipping her hand into her bag and removing a videotape.

Clark took the tape with trepidation. “Is this one like the last one, on the heat wave? Because, personally, that one made me uncomfortable.”
Tape? Huh? Ok, you'll need to explain this one to me because I don't recall a tape exchange between the two of them in the past.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)