Hi Carrie,
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I'm sorry you got football, Nick. As a female, I grew up watching sports, not participating in them.
Don't worry, You're good! As much as I was "complaining", it was all meant in good fun. Sorry if that didn't came through. Like yeah, it was probably not my favorite prompts out of the list but honestly, part of the fun with this ficathons is to be challenged - sometimes that also includes writing something unusual for you and trying out new things.

See, the reason I love US football so much is I grew up with an older brother. My brother collected sports cards and now even owns his own sports memorabilia shop in the town we grew up in. My eldest nephew owns the shop with my brother, and started collecting when he was a young child.

When my sister was born, my dad was busy watching the Denver Broncos game in the waiting room instead of paying attention to what was happening around him.

We grew up with Sundays in the fall being family dinner night and watching football as a family. We even took vacations to baseball games and the National Football League Hall of Fame as a family. My brother's friend would get together on Saturdays during winter and play a game in our huge yard. Nothing like being all bundled up in winter jackets as a young female teenager watching high school boys play in shorts and t-shirts in 40-degree Fahrenheit and snow.

My husband is also a huge football fan. I always tell him I'm not an average female. I would rather watch action movies or thrillers than rom-coms. And I can enjoy a game of football, baseball, either live at the stadium or on television.
Sounds like you have a lot of nice memories there. I can see why reading fics about this would trigger them up and help to keep them alive. And don't bother to be an "ordinary" of whatever category. Just be yourself, with all that contains, and that's fine, don't let anyone tell you something else!

But I did enjoy your story. I can see why it would be difficult to write a story about US football if you don't know the game and do not speak the same language. Smallballs was funny though. I did enjoy your story. Thank you.
Great to hear. Yeah, these factors, as well as the lack of visual imagination of how it all would look like, make it difficult to get attached. Oh everyone seems to think that's the highlight it seems - didn't expect that but I won't argue and quietly enjoy. Glad to read you enjoyed it to some extent and it was not too disappointing, and you're welcome. Thanks for the FDK!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.