Hi Amanda,
Originally Posted by AmandaK
I saved this one for last because I, like Lois, do not care for football. Five seconds of play to ten minutes of waiting around while they set up the next play? No thank you.
I'm glad to hear there are still some reasonable folk remaining in the US :-) I couldn't care less about football now do I really know anything about it and when I got the prompts, I kind of went "Urgh, why ME of all people?!) Granted, I'm not big at sports at all but this one is definitely far down on the list, so it was quite a challenge to work with that - but it seems the result was not as bad as I expected (according to the FDK) so I guess it worked out...

That said, I haven't been guessing because I haven't been on the boards long enough to really get a feel for everyone. But I will say (possibly to help others who are guessing) this feels to me like someone who is not from the US. Just a few football details that stood out as being off. Like the comment that this year's football season was in the winter. I'm pretty sure the football season is at the same time every year. I mean, the super bowl is always right at the start of February. High school and college football definitely always start in the fall. Pretty sure Professional does too. Also, i could be wrong cause I don't actually follow football, but I don't think they hold games on New Years Eve - Thanksgiving, yes but not New Years. And I can't see Smallville having a professional team. Other option would be college football but Smallville doesn't have a college so either way, they wouldn't have a team to play against Metropolis.
So yeah, all of these details make me think this author does not live in the States because they know less about football than I do - and I know very little.
Don't worry, you are probably right with eerything you said. As it might be apparent, I relaly don't know zilch about AFB and I also was too lazy to do proper reserach about this particular topic - sue me! As for Sv...yeah I'm sur ethat combo wouldn't happen IRl...then again, both the Smallville TV show as well as Superman & Lois did do it as well despite the unlikeliness - so if they do it, I think I can do it too and get away with that. Normally, I hate doing things "because the plot requires them" but it's damn Footbal, so...whatever. (My apologies to everoyne who likes/cares about FB though. No condemning or anything, enjoy what you like!)
The combination of not living in the States and not being a big sports-interested perosn really messed that up for me. Honestly, I'm quite surprised you seem the be the only one in the FDK thread to take notice of the obvious here (or maybe just the only one to calle me out on it). I mean I tried to keep it as vague as possible to avoid any glaring errors but I was always sure there would be some clues. So good detective work there.

Fun little story though. It's nice to see them as a married couple still bantering and loving each other the same as ever.
Glad you liked that, the "married" thing was part of the prompts although I may or may not have gone with it either way, depending on what else I'd have been doing, because there's just not enough married L&C fic. (Although I understand also why this is the case, pre-Rs is always more compelling to write, you're less boxed in and all that). Well if they wouldn't still love and have fucn with each other, the show so-far wouldn't have been worth it, and we absolutely can't have that.

Also love that the mystery remains completely unsolved.
Oh really? That surprises me quite a bit, I was sure people would be annoyed about that. I honestly wanted to write more on L&C investigating that mystery but first, I got running out of time (because I suck at management in this regard and always begin too late), and then, I also realized it would be a big break in the tone of this if I did so, thus, we have the result as it is. But good to know that "unresovled for now" has its fans too!
Thanks for the FDK!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.