Hi Michael,
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Nick!

Nope. Actually, I hoped to make people think it could be Carrie, since, you know, but oh well.
Yeah, I missed that discussion on Discord.
Not sure what discussion you talk about... It's just that Carrie writes a lot of fics with a new year's topic, so...yeah.

[quote]
Close, but not close enough.
Glad I could entertain with my guessing!
It was definitely entertaining. And ultimately, if I'm not wrong, you gessed them all correctly so that's something really, it all payed off.

You don’t launch fireworks when there’s a dry season going on.
Really don't know how the weather in MP would be around that time...good question to consider.
Wet and snowy. But there’s all over the world and Australia doesn’t like bush fires for some reason. California, neither.
Hrm, good point, Supes is technically a world citizen - although we strangely don't see much of this in the show. Even Lois is suspicious when Vatman shows up in a place that's not Metropolis...

SAM: As a doctr, I have to help all those who are in need of one. You didn't know that?
Good point. Oh, look, Ellen just joined a baseball team based on her shopping list.
...Why do I get the feeling that might result into trouble very soon since, you know, Ellen is...not exactly known to be a good team-player.
ELLEN: [starts long and ranty monologue about men who don't show her the due respect]

I was only joking! But Lois is known to be tad competitive from time to time!

Never make jokes about that in front of Lois. She will always hear you and act accordingly!
Good one!
Well as you have seen, directly after your complaint, Lois reacted in the story, so there!

I don't know how that line-break happened, it was not intentional on my part. Hrm...weird.
Must have been a computer glitch during rendering.
Yeah maybe...

LOIS: He /points at ER/ can deal with it just fine. But what about the lonely wife?
What lonely wife? You've got Clark, and Superman...and your stories to follow. Isn't that neough?

[quote]
As I said...your precognition ability will be your doom one day.
Nah, hmm… Nostradamus lived to be just 63 years old. Although, in the late middle ages, that was not too shabby. And he’s still remembered to this day.
True...but then he was a lot more vague with his statements than you are in the FDK threads...most of the time, that is.

/decides to mentally edit ‘with’ to ‘in’/
Ah, English. Such a complicated language sometimes, isn't it?
/psst/ that was tongue in cheek about Lois and Clark and their activities in said car.
Oh, don't worry, I understood so much. Just tried to be funny there. :-)

Wheeee, Lois is adorabs!
LOIS: It's just faster, and no need to search for a parking slot. THat's it, nothing else.
CLARK: If that's the case, why did your heartbeat just got faster?
LOIS: Shutup and fly!
I did mention the adorability of Lois.
Haha, Guess she just prove your thesis there.

DARKSEID: Don't you dare to bring up my name! There is no space in this fic for an earth conquest!
That is not what Michael was...ah, nevermind. I seriously didn't plan this to be so full of...ahem...steamy remakrs, but the characters had their own ideas, so...blame them?
Oh, that was legitimately funny. Hmm…/tries to remember/ did you do the Darkeid story a year or two ago? Also, you sure are doing a great funny! Could just be Darkseid, though.
I don't have an idea what story you're talking about, so the answer is probably no...? Also, I doubt Mr. D. likes to be called funny...

Honestly, chances are high I picked that up somewhere while reading old L&C fics. Well, if it's ancient, I have to get it out of my vocabulary then.
Nah, leave it. It makes identifying stories easier wink
Ah, you wish. Had to try though, huh?

It surprises me how many in this FDK thread consider this worth of being a Queenfic. It's a great reward, really.
/shrugs/ It was just the right tough of quirky smile1
Hrm, is this a good or a bad thing? I'll go with good for now us tin case.

Go away Lex, you were forbidden form this one per prompt!
clap
These "not wants" must be good for something after all.

If you go forward, you'll see that I don't, either.
A very wise man.
Well, I'm trying...Although, I always set myself up for stuff like these ficatohns with a lot of time and then...don't really start writing until time's almost up so...we might want to reconsider the wise part...

Oops, got me there I think. Honestly, I assume most people are using visual markers, underlining or whatever, but since that's not really a working option, this seems to be the easiest way to go for emphasis.
/takes note for the next GTA fic to not use that pattern again.../
Emphasis, the classic italics style is used for the most part. I have recently updated the markup to render italics and bold text with sematic markup. Screenreaders should pick up on it.
Interesting. For some reason though, the *entire* text on the MB's is, since well over a year, constantly marked - which is the reason I prefer reading stories elsewhere because, well, it's technically not a big deal but it's annoying an dmake sit harder to read. Not sure why though...

Fascinating. I now wonder if I have been typing this one wrong.
Is there even a "correct" way for this to be written? I'm sure Lois would deny there is.

See?
Why are you even reading fic when you already know what will come next all the time anyways? Or is it me and I'm too obvious?
lol It’s fun to get confirmation. As for being too obvious. I would say, in character. It’s like Lois getting kidnapped when she’s on the hunt of a criminal or
setting fire to her kitchen when she’s cooking. Some things are bound to happen.
LOIS: Hey, not fair. I've learned to do hot chocolate by now!

PERRY: Darlin, Since I officially don't know Clark's secret identity, your claims about Superman's qualities in bed are not sufficiently confirmed and therefore can't be puslished on the People of Interest pages.
shock
Right, a honest journalist who doesn't publish unconfirmed information. SHOCK indeed!

What can I say, L&C banter is fun to write.
And read!
Very true!

As for messing with the timezones..yeah, in hindsight, I realize i screwed up there, it should have been the other way around from Paris to Metropolis. Luckily, no one notices, it seems.
Yes, nothing see. Move it along.
I can still change it to "breakfast" if/when editing it for AO3 or the Archive.

I wanted a fluff enidng that also fits the tone so...there. Mission (hopefully) acomplishd.
It was!
Good to know!

It weren't all that much clues, so...that's a good thing, I assume.
Yeah, and I just re-googled: hrmpf really is German. Which means it’s down to us three and that explains why I was able to pinpoint the story. Once you drop that one, it’s much more difficult. Next one’s gonna be…fun?
I hope so. GTA is also a nice way to get more FDK and discovering stuff because people check out some out-of-the-box stories. (not excluding myself from that)
And apparently, I can do it with ph instead and that's English then. Yay!

Honestly, I'm not sure though if I can take the full credit for that, since I sent this over to Verity for technical editing before it got published. So, it might very well be the case she fixed some things here or there, I didn't make a word-by-word check on the published version to find out. (MAybe I should...)
Without knowing the outcome, I suggest you do, from a purely technical point of interest. Personally, I love learning about grammar stuff I need to watch out for and fix in my own stories.
I assume I'll do when I have osme spare time for that, it's not that long after all. And I agree, it's always good/helpful to know what is wrong with your own grammar/vocab. Without constructive comments, you won't improve, after all.

As always, your FDK was hilarious to read as well as fun to answer! And I'm happy you enjoyed it.
I did and am glad I could give some fun back as payment!
Myum, I like me payment of that kind!

Nick

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.