I'm reading. I'm still figuratively nibbling my nails, too.

Scardino has gained Clark's conditional trust with that file. (Note: There's something missing from the end of the three-scene in Lois' apartment with the file. I suspect it's kind of a big deal, too.) And our heroes have picked up some very valuable information. This will jump-start their investigation and point them in the right direction. All they need to do now is keep Lois alive long enough to finish the job.

I'm glad(?) Superman saved Albie and impressed the leg-breaker. I assume that McCarthy saw the whole thing go down, and he'll be close to panic because he'll assume Albie will squeal. Probably will, too, if only to reduce his own sentence.

Most interesting development is Nigel's hubris showing. Mayson saw that she signed off on the warrant for Nigel St. John and she couldn't remember doing it! Maybe now she'll seek help, because she's starting to realize that somebody's seriously messing with her mind. I hope she tells Henderson, who will want her to see Dr. Klyburn (can't help it, first thing to my mind was pianist Van Clyburn) who will try to help her.

Along with that, maybe Mayson really is the second stalker - she just doesn't know it. All of the non-lethal actions against Lois - the clothing, the notes, and now the death threat - could be from someone mind-controlling Mayson. And if she does realize it, will that be enough to interfere with her programming? Maybe even enough to alter or break it? And does the flicker in her laptop screen have anything to do with updating her programming?

I can see her trying to handle this on her own, too, and it would get her into Superman-rescue territory if she does. It would be a disaster if she learned about CK=SM while under the influence of the bad guys. Or - might it be enough to shock her into either catatonia or completely out of their control? Yeah, that would be very interesting.

Near the end, huh? Wait a second - there. I'm ready now. Hit me with you best shot!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing