Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Just read part 9. Nice step-down on the tension level. Let me step through my thoughts, in no particular order.

Hey Terry! wave

Bill Henderson is personally invested in finding Lois' stalker. Makes me wonder if he is now (or soon will be) willing to cut some corners to close this case. Nice to see him show some real care about Lois' privacy and sense of security.

Bill Henderson struck me as someone that cares about protecting the people of Metropolis. Even though I'm sure Lois has given him a hard time he wouldn't want anything to happen to her. You'll see some development here over the course of the story as the tension grows.

From Part 7 (and it just now struck me) - Scardino returned fire at the shooter outside Mayson's apartment with a rifle? Where did he get that? A pistol can be concealed, but I don't think the biggest NBA players could conceal a rifle on their persons. Maybe he really had a large handgun?

So, I think it's in chapter 10 or 11 you have Dan give his POV of that scene and it makes a little more sense. Chapter 7 had Mayson's distorted POV so it was in pieces. Her perception is jagged at best which makes her version of events seem more intense or out there than what actually happened.

Clark told her. He really told her! And he let her think he was kidding!! Oh, that's not gonna bite him in the posterior, not ever. I can't imagine Lois taking that well - unless, of course, she slowly reasons it out that he'd spoken the truth. Either way, will she be totally stunned? Will she be angry over his "deception?" Will she be devastated by her own blindness? Will she push him away? If so, for how long? Can I get ringside seats?

<snort> Yes, he did tell her...technically. Next chapter you get to see it all come to a head and I'm sure someone will have popcorn ready and waiting to watch the fireworks.

Mayson's getting worse. Whether she filleted Lois' wardrobe or not, her grasp on reality and her control of her emotions are both slipping away. Maybe she didn't Lizzie-Borden Lois' closet. Maybe there are two crazies out there gunning for Lois. Or did someone symbolically "kill" her clothes as a controlled, sane warning to back off the Resurrection pill story? Also, will Mayson be unable to get to Lois and try to take it out on Clark and shoot/stab/club/drop a piano on him and discover his secret? Will she be so insane by that time that no one believes her?

Mayson and reality aren't exactly on the same hemisphere right now. This will all come to a head eventually (cuz it has to, right?) but I'm not making any promises on what the damage will be.

Lois is micrometers from telling Clark she loves him. She's convinced he loves her, and of course she's right. I only hope she tells him before she discovers/realizes/is firmly told that CK=SM.

//hog ties muse and tosses her in the closet//

**whistles innocently**
Nothing to see here. smile

Great tale. Lots of possible paths. A little frightening, actually. I'm still eager to see where this goes next.

I didn't go the usual route (following the episode) with this one so I hope the twists and turns make the ending as enjoyable for you all as it was to write. (No, we're not there yet).

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube