Hi again YantyChen! wave

Thanks for taking the time to comment again and to explain your thinking. It has helped me immensely.
I agree with you about the narration and have decided to add more to the narrative parts, including some dialogue. Real life has become very busy, so I won't give a timetable for when it'll be done.

when I read this part, I felt particularly seeing Clark and I don't see why Kal-El must emerge here though. That's why I sae the Kal El becomes forgettable and unnecessary here.

The reason for including Kal-El here is that Clark thinks more strategically than he did in Season 1. It's more a matter of his thought processes shifting than actually seeing Kal-El physically. In many ways Clark remained the naive farm boy in canon, and when watching the NK Arc I was struck how he appeared to become a military commander at that point. He seemed to have a different personality as Kal-El than as either Superman or Clark. I wanted to explain why he thought of the watches, the lead-lined suit, insisting the group work in pairs and suddenly acted like the leader. His preparations gave him a rationale for getting out of that kryptonite cage with minimal pain, exposure and angst.

I'll also look at tweaking that to make it more clear before sending the final version to the archives.

Thanks again for your thoughtful analysis!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly