Hi Morgana!

Now this is really different! In the early days of the series Jimmy had a friend who worked at S.T.A.R. Labs and ran a few minor tests as a favor to him. As time went on they were making tests on various items for Lois and Clark in particular and the Daily Planet in general. Some of that testing had to have been rather expensive. How does the laboratory get paid? As far as I know, this is the first time anyone ever mentioned this little tidbit. So the question remains; how does The Daily Planet reimburse them?

I have no idea how the Daily Planet reimbursed Star Labs, or if they ever did. They also did the analysis on Miranda's perfume very quickly, which could have been very expensive.

While it's nice to think of researchers as doing research for research sake, they do have to make a living. I figured those watches would be VERY expensive. Since Bernie was already providing the prototype cloth for suits, providing watches too seemed way out of his budget.

It must have been painful listening to the other child taunt him about his adoption. But on the flip side, he could not bear to see others being bullied. Even at an early age he showed signs of being a hero in the truest sense. Nicely done.

Thanks. Clark in the show was such a cheerful guy with only occasional glimpses into the emotional pain he suffered (his discussion with Jonathan about his dream of a family in the Pilot and the pain of being out of control from red kryptonite in Lethal Weapon jump out to me). I thought Lois discovering this, from both his parents and Clark would give her a needed glimpse into why Clark protected himself by hiding his true self like she hid her true self after her bad experiences with Claude, etc. And that would connect the two of them with shared painful pasts. Clark moving past his so well and trusting her could explain how Lois was able to also put hers behind her, moving on to a loving relationship with Clark.

Why did Lex suddenly die in prison? Was it of natural causes or is the reason a more sinister one? Your epilogue did not go into any details.

My error. blush Will be updating the epilogue next to explain that he died from kryptonite exposure.

Thanks for reading & commenting!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly