Hi Virginia!

I'm so glad Lois was in on the capture and arrest of Luthor. It was nice to see her NOT be the victim but play an active role as investigator.

Thanks. Since she believed Superman that Lex was dirty, it made sense that she'd be actively involved. I thought she'd have to see for herself whether he was or not. I thought the "guys" excluding her would raise her hackles and she'd end up putting herself in more danger. And I've always thought that Lois as a victim seems so out of character for her.

Great idea for the extra-lead lined suit. That sure came in handy and it also helped spread the (untrue) notion that Kryptonite doesn't hurt Superman. I hope that means that it wasn't the go-to weapon for anyone going up against Superman.

Thanks. I've read about lead suits in a couple of fanfics, but none this early. The whole point was to save Clark from the torture of the cage and to get the word on the street that kryptonite was not life-threatening to Superman.

I, too, am curious how and why Luthor died in his cell, especially since no reason was given. It makes me wonder if Tempus time-windowed in and replaced him with a body double, but your epilogue doesn't mention coming across Luthor in the future, so that must be conjecture. Maybe Lois and Clark's descendants will be forced to deal with that menace.

Never thought of Tempus being involved. Actually, I'd think he'd be more likely to want Luthor alive & out of jail to wreck havoc with Lois and Clark. I thought of suicide or murder, in addition to deciding finally it was kryptonite, which was then announced to be a long-term health hazard to humans. At least the green was. That could still leave the red around to provide angst for L & C.

I was worried when Clark told Lois his full story at HER apartment after Lex had ordered hidden microphones and cameras installed in the last part. Weren't those still active, even if Lois was "on a cruise"?

Thanks for seeing that. blush Actually Superman and the MPD cleared the surveillance equipment. Since it was Luthor Technologies, yet another investigation into Luthor. The cameras and microphones were evidence. Will also make add that to this chapter when I revise the cause of death.

You really did a great job of building up the plot to keep us coming back for more. It was so refreshing to have Lois help capture the delusional Luthor (did he really think he could convince her to marry him after she turned him down, just by getting rid of Superman?

Thanks. This plot seemed to be taking on a life of its own. lol
Yeah, he was that delusional.

Glad you liked the story. Thanks for reading & commenting!

Last edited by cuidadora; 09/26/16 08:25 AM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly