I finally convinced my kids to start watching this show with me again (it's been a whole year. shock Lois, for some reason, isn't too surprised that Clark is unhurt but in need of an overcoat to cover up his damaged clothes. She even looks Clark in the face -- his glasses-free face -- *while* they discuss Superman, and is none the wiser. [Linked Image] This is also the first episode of the AoS show staring Noel Neill as Lois Lane. She had also played Lois Lane for the Kirk Alyn serials.

S2.E2 - "The Big Squeeze" - Daily Planet's nominee for Metropolis Citizen of the Year is being blackmailed to keep his past of being an ex-con a secret.

I guess Lois's deep background check on their nominee wasn't that deep. Secrets were easier to keep and pasts kept hidden back in the 1950s. Back then, one could really move on with one's life after paying one's debt to society... unless your past comes looking for you.

These episodes really highlight Clark as a fighter for the underdog (or Mole Men, as the case may be), the innocent, and the unjustly persecuted.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.