Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]S1.E13 - "The Stolen Costume" - This was most closely resembles "Foundling" in that someone robs Clark's apartment and finds something (his uniform) which could tie him to Superman. Or "And the Answer Is..." in that someone discovers CK=SM and tries to blackmail him into doing something against his nature. Or "Top Copy" when someone discovers Clark's hidden uniform closet. This show deals mostly with Clark's fear of discovery (and not having another suit). He gets a private detective, “Candy”, friend of his to look for “the thing” that was stolen from his apartment, but he "can't" tell private eye what it was. clap Great dialogue in the “I can’t tell you, just find it” scenes. Interesting discussion about Superman’s uniform between the head of the robber’s gang and his moll. The moll discovers that the uniform can’t burn or be cut. She thinks that Superman must be the “other guy” when he’s not in uniform, because he’s really two guys. (She’s one smart cookie.)

The head bad guy wants to make sure that Clark Kent is Superman, so he plants a bomb in Clark’s secret closet to see what happens when it explodes. The gang of robbers confuse the private eye for "Clark Kent" and kidnap him, trying to blackmail Superman. Clark follows them until. He busts down the bad guy's door and knocks out his friend the private eye so he doesn’t know that CK=SM. Then the takes the bad guy and his moll to the top of a snowy mountain, while he thinks about how to keep them quiet. He says he’ll bring them food, but they don’t believe him. They try to climb down and fall to their deaths.

So with this scenario, did Clark kill them or did they kill themselves by not believing him?
Factoid: Clark lives at the “Standish Arms” apartment building.

My one major complaint was the lack of the usual supporting cast, mainly Lois Lane. That, and the ending was a copout. [/b]
Well, even LnC had lots of cop outs. My favorite was in "The Dad who came in from the Cold" where at the beginning the spy who is dieing and giving Superman the computer says something about Superman looking just like Clark Kent without glasses.

I do have to agree that this episode would have been better with Lois. Lois doing the detective work to find the suit would have been fun. They could even have the people know the person in question was Kent, and they think it is Ms. Kent instead of Mr. Kent.

John Pack Lambert