S1.E9 - "Rescue"

In this episode, Lois disregards safety protocols to try and rescue a trapped miner, causes a secondary (and worse) cave-in and gets herself trapped as well.

Clark is DC and misses by seconds each time it is announced in the ticker-tape, the afternoon edition, and even on the radio that Lois is trapped in the mine. He arrives to pick her up and discovers that a gas leak has compounded the problem. Superman rescues Lois and the miner moments after they pass out, holding up the mine after another explosion causes another cave-in.

Superman disappears and Clark returns (imagine that!) and Lois announces, "Guess what, Clark? I finally got Superman to take me out." <<oh, the pain of that joke.>>

Edge of our seat excitement. My daughter was worried that Lois and the miner were truly going to die.

Just like Lois to go into a mine after the safety inspector told her not to because they would then have more people to rescue. [Linked Image] Gee, Lois, do you think that's why they told you not to go in the mine? Can Lois be so thick-headed as to think that she knows better than the rescue team and the mine inspector? Of course, them telling her "no" is like issuing a challenge to do it herself.

Clark doesn't seem very "super" observant. He misses the afternoon edition by mere seconds (and doesn't notice the next edition arriving as he drives by). He has car trouble as he driving to go pick up Lois and completely ignores the radio report about the cave in while fixing the car (and revving the engine). Where's super hearing when you need it?!

Good suspense. Very nerve wracking how Clark keeps missing the news. [Linked Image] Good thing he's in the news business to keep on top of current events where Superman might be needed. Nice irony.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.