S1.E8 - "The Mind Machine"

We've got a scientist who built a machine who will push thoughts into a person's head (from up to 25 miles away) in hopes of using it to help cure people of their fears via hypnosis. The scientist and his machine get kidnapped by a group of gangsters bent on using the machine against people at a congressional hearing against him and his gambling racket. The machine works and the gangster tells the witnesses what to say on the stand. Unfortunately, then the witnesses go crazy and die as their brains can't handle the stress of someone taking away their control (or something of the sort). Pressure gets added after three witnesses die, and next up is Lois Lane. The congressman, of course, refuses to delay the hearings (due to taxpayer cost and speed of justice, yada, yada). So, it's up to Clark Kent and Superman to find the scientist before Lois's brain gets turned to mush.

Plot wise this is your standard 'good science' in the hands of the bad guy plot. Although, I felt the 25 mile distance was a bit much. If you're hypnotizing someone to convince them to stop smoking, or their fear of heights, why do you need to be 25 miles away? clap Classic! There can never be too much of that.

Clark having to track the bad guy using radar in an airplane was kind of fun. How does he stop the bad guys, once he's found them, without revealing he's Superman to the man flying the plane? (He puts the plane on autopilot and knocks out the pilot, of course. Then the plane run out of fuel and Superman has another rescue on his hands. clap )

Then at the end Clark comes into Perry's office, and we get the "Where were you, Kent?" conversation. Perry and Lois wouldn't even let the poor man get a word in edgewise. clap I felt sorry for the guy.

"I was trying to help Lois..." Clark tried to explain.

"Why would I need *your* help, Clark? When I've got Superman?" retorts Lois.

Lots of fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.