I enjoyed the first one very much - to my surprise, I was even taken in by the twists. I enjoyed the other two as well, but was a little disappointed with some of the plot. I found the inclusion of famous ghosts a little boring, for example, especially as they don't seem to add anything to the plot. In book two - also trying not to include spoilers <g> - the famous ghost with the salt shakers? When salt shakers were mentioned later, I thought - aha! And if that had connected that would have been really cool. Instead, the solution was much more mundane and unconvincing, I thought.

But these were really minor quibbles. I thought they were atmospheric and OT was a good character - although he did remind me a lot at times of the Snow character from some of Koontz's other books, with a similar voice.

I wasn't too affected by the events of the first book, no.

So I couldn't say that they are favourites and I'm on the cusp of reading the others in the series - if they come across my path I would read and probably enjoy them, but I have no urge to hunt them down - but they were still enjoyable.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers