Mistborn Series – Brandon Sanderson

I The Final Empire

I read this first one back when I heard that Sanderson had been chosen to complete The Wheel of Time. I remember I thought it an okay read, but I wasn’t intrigued enough by the world or characters to rush to see what happened next.

Perhaps because I came to it without any great expectations, second time around I found myself enjoying it much more. A couple of events that had previously irked me made a lot more sense this time around.

II The Well of Ascension

I think this was my favourite of the series so far. Partly because it introduced my favourite character – TenSoon – and pulled off one of the best plot twists to date.

III Hero of Ages

This was my least favourite so far. For some reason, it took me a while to get into it. But, still, it had some good set pieces and some interesting twists and turns.

I probably still won’t be anxiously waiting for book four, but when it arrives I’ll probably enjoy it all the same.

I just wish he’d hurry up and produce A Memory of Light, so that I can finally catch up.

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson

I The Way of Kings

Not sure what I thought about this one. Parts of it seemed like a hard slog at times. There were several characters I wasn't much intrested in and one I was really enjoying, but probably not enough to want to rush to get the next book in line.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers