Odd Thomas
Forever Odd
Brother Odd
The Darkest Evening Of The Year
Phantoms

As Deanna Dwyer (written in the ‘70’s)

The Dark of Summer
Demon Child

A mixed bag from Dean Koontz and sadly not many of them left me with the feeling of a book well read. Ironically, the one I really enjoyed most was Darkest Evening of the Year, which has been pretty much panned by fans and critics alike. Yes, it was annoyingly maudlin and corny in its lengthy passages on the delights of Golden Retrievers and their owners (although I understand this was written shortly after Koontz lost his beloved Golden and was written in part as a tribute to her. A bit self-indulgent maybe, but perhaps understandable.). And the ending was rushed and ridiculous – which seems to be an increasing hallmark of his more recent works. But I liked it all the same.

I also somewhat enjoyed the Dwyer novels, which were very much in the realm of Victoria Holt gothic mysteries. But not to the extent that I’d consider any of them keepers. Still, they passed a few hours well and were a quick, easy read.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers