15 - Scenas da Aldeia - Antonio Augusto de Miranda

Found this portuguese author at a free ebooks website. The story was written in the early 20th century and deals with prejudice at a small village.

16 - The Art of War - Sun Tzu

Just because I always wanted to know why Lex wanted to seize the high ground. blush Now I do.

17 - The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx

Another book I've read because I was curious about what exactly was in it that made some people dedicate their lives to create the society there described, whereas others hated it. The most interesting thing about it were the parallelisms with contemporary society and the current economic crisis, even though it was written over two centuries ago.

18 - Violet: A Fairy Story - Caroline Snowden Guild

Supposedly it's a children's book, but deals with some violence that wouldn't be approved today in a product targeted for kids. Didn't like the story much, but the descriptions of the fields and flowers were great.

Since comics were already inaugurated in this thread I decided to add what I've been reading these past months in that section.

19 - The Guild: Clara - Felicia Day

20 - The Guild: Bladezz - Felicia Day, Sean Becker

21 - The Guild: Zaboo - Felicia Day, Sandeep Parikh

22 - The Guild: Vork - Felicia Day, Jeff Lewis, Darick Robertson

23 - The Guild: Tink - Felicia Day

24 - The Guild (vols 1, 2 and 3) - Felicia Day

I loved The Guild comics, especially the fact that they dealt with the characters' back stories.

25 - Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories (vol 1 and 2) - Joss Whedon

26 - Serenity: Float Out - Patton Oswalt

27 - Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale - Zack Whedon

28 - Serenity: Those Left Behind - Joss Whedon

I'm a Firefly fan. These books helped shape a destiny for the characters that were left hanging even after Serenity. I enjoyed them a lot, but in particular The Shepherd's Tale (I'd been dying to know Book's backstory since the beginning of the series) and Float Out (because Wash was just awesome).

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett