My vote is still up in the air. My ex-best friend and I tried dating, and we barely made it to the starting line. He ended up driving me crazy, and god love the guy but he's very...Disney, for lack of a better descriptive. I'm still not quite sure he lives in the real world, but as we no longer speak to each other, it's not really an issue for me anymore. wink

I picked up a new best friend over the course of a few years, and we can tell each other anything, he's one of few people I'll let haul me out of bed at 2 in the morning for anything...and he has a girlfriend. I'm HUGELY impressed that I'm not an issue for her, since we spend way too much time together.

And here's my dilemma. Do I really want to date myself at the end of the day? We have a few different interests for example. I would never listen to his music for one, and he can't believe I'm into Patrick Dempsey like he's a religion (In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit *wink*). But ultimately we lead the exact same life more days than not, and honestly it just sounds a little...boring heh. Maybe it would be nice when we're retired, but in our 20s? I've got a planet to conquer.

So I'll weigh in as: I think if I get married, he'll grow into my best friend, but I'm not sure I could date an existing one. And that's all I have time to say since it's taco night. wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy