My boyfriend of almost 6 years (5 of which we have lived together and shared finances) and I would go crazy if he was the only person I called bestfriend.

He is one of my bestfriends but he is by no means my only one. I have always felt that if you rely to much on one person you start to lose yourself and you are setting yourself up for a lot of dissapointment. I know a lot of people don't see that but it is exactly what I did.

When I first moved to California to be with Ryan he was basically my only friend. I love him to death but he just doesn't share all my interests nor do I share his. But in an attempt to do something other than sit in the house I tried out his hobbies and ended up miserable because I was forcing myself to participate in things that really just weren't my cup of tea. To be honest I will listen to him ramble about car engines but I can't contribute much. I tried very hard but in the end I realize I hate cars. goofy

I have three bestfriends now. I could go to any of them and chat about anything but I don't because we all have different hobbies and enjoy different things. After I looked outside of being best friends with one person I opened up a lot and started finding me again. If you rely to much on one person you become dissapointed if they aren't there for you. One person can't be another person's everything. If you have more than one person to lean on you don't think so hard about person A not being there because you could call person B instead. (I think that makes sense... I may just be rambling now.)

Besides who am I going to complain about Ryan to if he is my only bestfriend? laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!