I can't remember whether I posted this in an older thread or not, so here it is anyway.

Back when I was a senior in high school (about 6-7 years ago), I spent lunch time with the same three guys almost every day. Two were friends of mine from way back at the beginning of middle school, and the other was a friend of one of the two.

One day when I was at lunch, I was reading a book (I did that a lot), and my friend Ryan (who currently holds the status of my only still-single best friend in the entire world--I have two MARRIED best friends too, although they're not married to each other) made a remark about the cover image on the book.

The book was Dragons of Summer Flame, from the DragonLance series. Ryan had said something along the lines of "Wow, that dragon has really dry skin."

The four of us started joking around about the dry-skinned dragon, and eventually Ryan suddenly came up with this idea that I was the dry-skinned dragon. Although, HOW I could've been is a mystery to me, because back then I almost never had a need for lotion or moisturizers of any kind (as opposed to this winter, when the air's been so dry that if I don't use it often enough my skin gets so chapped it HURTS).

So, since my initials are also DS, and the conversation I remember is one of those "good times" I always love to reminisce about, I decided to use it to create an online identity for something (I can't remember exactly what--it WAS 6 or 7 years ago, after all).

DSDragon has been my online nickname ever since--unless it was already taken for something I was signing up for, then I use my backup, which is Darcy783--a mixture of my first name, and the month and year I was born.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place