My name story is boring and listed in the other thread, so I haven't posted... for those who didn't look, Karen is my real name, and this is one of the very very few places where I use it. I use Briana elsewhere (a name I'm going to have to give up eventually, since I'm "reserving" it for a future daughter). I've been using it so long, though, that I'll respond to it in real life.

My favorite character was a thief halfling (naturally) named Pleiades, whose claim to fame was that he was an excellent chef. I had a great time playing up that character, spending much of my time looking for cooking ingredients or trying strange recipes, sometimes to the detriment of whatever quest we were on at the time.
What is it with halflings and cooking? laugh I recently played a game where I was a halfling sorcerer/cook. My backstory was that I'd been travelling the lands learning new recipes, and looking for a certain type of recipe that I'd found a book about: magical foods. I was still trying to figure what that character would need to make those foods, though... muffins of mage armor, cookies of resistance, stuff like that. laugh I miss that game.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited