Some people just use abbreviations of their names as usernames, but most people have a lot of names with some kind of anecdote or story behind it. Not especially unique, mostly, just something that means something to them personally. I’ve seen Elvish names, funky names and plain weird names. And I’m curious about every one. “Ultrawoman” seems straightforward but does she like the character that much, or is it something personal? How did our esteemed Editor-in-Chief become Doc Klein’s Labrat? What on earth is a Metro Rhodes? Why does Ann like to be called TOC (Table of Contents?!) Does bakasi mean something in German? I know that “wen” means maiden in Elvish but what is “Doranwen”? confused

So if anybody would like to explain their username, please go ahead! I’m sure a lot of us will love to know! smile1

I’ll start. Just don’t laugh! blush

Lady Mirth is a derivation of my name, Hasini. “Hasaya” is the Singhalese archaic term for laughter, and “Hasayani” or “Hasini” (abbreviated) means “The Laughing One” (Female). Hence, Lady Mirth. The folk in my country lay a lot of stock in astronomy and so forth, and all our names are usually made of a long process involving star-charts, auspicious events, numerology and horoscopes of three generations. In my case, I’d say they hit bull’s eye! I live to laugh. laugh

Okay. Now your turn!

(And yes, this is also the first in a series of shameless attempts to win my Kerth back!)
blush

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.