This has been a fun thread to read through, seeing what other people love! I've concluded my taste is weird wink

Shows I love:

• Gargoyles. This was an animated fantasy/sci-fi drama that aired in the '90s. It had some of the best storytelling, character development, and worldbuilding I've ever seen. Although it's not on the air anymore, this is a really great time to be a Gargoyles fan as we're finally getting new material in the form of comic books. (In general I can't stand comic books, but I'll make an exception for this!)
  • Boston Legal. I adore this show. I adore Alan Shore. It cracks me up and moves me at the same time. It's just so well written, well acted, well put together. Denny Crane! (I also liked the last season of The Practice, where Alan and Denny were introduced.)
  • Firefly. I completely missed this the first time around and only started watching after a bunch of friends took me to see Serenity, but it really was a beautifully-done show. Why do shows like this always get cancelled?!
  • Beauty and the Beast. My mom watched this when I was a kid. I've read more fanfic for this than I've actually seen episodes, but I just got the Season 1 DVDs for my birthday so I hope to rectify that.
  • Fraggle Rock. Okay, this doesn't really fall in the same category as the others, but I fully intend to raise my children on DVDs of Fraggle Rock wink . I love the music, I love the imagination... I love that Jim Henson sat down to design a show to "bring peace on earth" and this is what he came up with. wink In this vein also falls Dinosaurs, The Muppet Show, The Storyteller...

Shows I watch as much as possible:

• Law and Order. I watch all the incarnations of this, but my favorite is SVU. I got into the habit of watching while doing my homework last spring, and between TNT, USA, etc there's always some variation on! I got to the point where, if L&O wasn't on, I didn't know what to do with myself <g>.
  • Desperate Housewives. I watched the Pilot to see Teri, and continued watching because I genuinely liked the show.
  • Smallville. I caught up with the last few seasons over Christmas break. I still throw things at the television, but in general I like this show much more than I used to.

Shows I've been briefly obsessed with in the past:

• X-Files. I went through about a year, toward the end of its run, where I was a big fan of this show, but ultimately I got tired of being jerked around by the writers. The "is Scully's baby an alien?" season finale killed it for me. I was only in it for the M/S relationship anyway.
  • Star Trek: TNG. I got hooked watching reruns of this a few years ago, and even wrote one ridiculous piece of fanfic <g>, but the cost of DVDs was prohibitively high ($100+ per season?!) and I've mostly moved on since then. I still catch the odd rerun on SpikeTV, but I don't tape them anymore <g>.
  • Quantum Leap. I got briefly hooked on this, too, but lack of time kept me from seeing too many episodes.
  • Northern Exposure. This was such a fun quirky show. I got the DVDs for my Dad for Christmas a few years ago and we watched quite a few of them before I came back to school.

And of course there are shows I watch when I catch them but don't go out of my way to see... House, The Cosby Show, Monk, Family Matters, Fresh Prince... When my father asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I gave him a list of DVDs and concluded I watch entirely too much television wink

Kaylle