Ooh, if we're getting into older shows, these are what I used to drop everything to watch:

Firefly -- I saw probably two episodes on the original run, then fell in love when it started airing on SciFi. I absolutely adored River.
Sliders -- This was the other fandom I started off in, but left after the show ended. The first two and a half seasons were great, until they introduced Kari Woowoo and the show went down the tubes rapidly
SeaQuest, which gave me problems when both shows were airing and I was working Sunday nights. But Jonathon Brandis *swoon*
Star Trek: The Next Generation - my father was an original trek fan, and had to watch the new series. So of course I got sucked in.
Earth 2 - another family favorite. I'm sad it didn't last long.

And going back futher, Cheers, Who's the Boss, Alf... I know there's a lot of other shows. I was addicted to ABC's TGIF (a block of shows on Friday night that aired Perfect Strangers, Full House, Family Matters, and a bunch of other comedies around that era). If it wasn't summer and I wasn't grounded, I was usually glued to the tv in the evenings.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited