Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I wouldn't expect Lois to sew, either, but didn't she make Alt-Clark's suit? I seem to remember Lois sitting at a sewing machine in Clark's apartment. Where did they get the sewing machine for that? It's been a while since I've seen it, so my memory of the scene is fairly fuzzy.
Lois and alt-Clark brought the machine in when they brought in the material and ski suit. Lois isn't a domesticated woman. She doesn't cook, she doesn't (really) sew, I can't imagine her ironing or canning or growing veggies in community garden. She's too busy for all those things, and she lives in Metropolis where people will do those things for her. Should she get a hobby, I can't imagine it would anything in that range. Personally, I don't mind that, in this way, Lois isn't like Martha. It shows that women can be strong when they know those things (Martha) and even when they don't (Lois). I'd hate for Lois to try and be more like Martha, she's great the way she is.

One of the things that bothered me about S4 was the writers' desire to try to tame Lois after her marriage to Clark by making her more domesticated, by making her *want* to cook (who would *want* to cook, if they aren't great at it and are married to someone who is? Not me!), and by making her baby crazy at the end. They should have let Lois and Clark be married and deal with sharing their lives before being ready to try to bring children into their relationship. They were still young (and one of them would be for a while), so there really was no rush.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.