Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
In past adaptations of the character, I’ve noticed that Clark never seems to visit his parents after he leaves Smallville, which just doesn’t seem realistic.
Clark visits his parents plenty in Superman the Animated Series. He never visited his parents in Silver Age comics because they were dead. They were still alive in early 90's comics, but I haven't read much after the early 80's to know how often they showed up since then.
I actually bought "Superman: The Animated Series" on DVD recently, and I'm planning to watch it sometime this summer. I haven't seen it in years, but I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

The versions of the character that I was actually talking about where he never visited his mother is actually "Adventure of Superman" (with George Reeve) and the Christopher Reeve movies. I can give the Reeve movies some leeway since Martha was said to be dead by the third movie, but "Adventures of Superman" lasted six seasons. I don't think his mother is ever even mentioned after the first episode. It's one of the few things about that show that I didn't particularly care for.