I found it! I found it! I didn't even have to google!

/me is way too proud of herself over this accomplishment.

Anyway, it's In Cat's Corner by Irene, and it's a special smoochie because it's Joe kissing Cat! Go Joe!

Okay, here's my quote. It's a bit different (and a bit long), but it's a smoochie that really touched me, and still does, every time I read it.

"Can I call you?" the man asked as if suddenly afraid that he'd never see the woman if she disappeared out of the door of the shop.

"Fine," the woman responded, struggling with the snaps on her coat. Her hands came to a halt when she seemed to realize that the man had moved closer. The man's hand came up to her cheek, directing the woman's gaze to his. The moment their eyes met, even the proprietor could feel the electricity that seemed to jump between them.

'Kiss her,' the proprietor thought to himself and, as if he read his mind, the man began to lean in. The proprietor watched the woman's eyes look down at the man's mouth as if mesmerized, before touching her bottom lip with the tip of her tongue. The proprietor swallowed hard, suddenly feeling as if he were a voyeur. He glanced away but his peripheral vision told him that the man had, indeed, kissed the woman.

The kiss was over almost instantly. Still, the man and woman stood there for a minute more in complete silence, as if both were too overwhelmed by the experience to know quite what to do next. The woman recovered first.

"Good-bye," she whispered and the proprietor heard the door to his establishment open as she suddenly fled the store.

"Good-bye," he heard the man respond as the door slid closed behind her.

[...]

"And you thought furniture was soulless," he heard the man whisper.
Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.