Aha! Recognised this one immediately (and checked on the archive to make sure it was right, and it was, yay!! jump ). Feels Like You're Mine: A Christmas Story, by Wendy Richards.

Brb with another smoochie...

Here it is:

Somewhat impulsively, Lois threw all caution to the wind and added, "Clark, what I meant to say is that Superman can never compare to you."

She grinned at him and was thrilled when she saw the look of shock in his eyes. Obviously, he hadn't expected her to say something like that to him. But he definitely seemed overjoyed to hear her say it.

Then Lois did something completely out of character. She closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around him. Then, like she was in the middle of a dream, she slowly raised herself up onto her tiptoes and leaned in towards him until her lips gently brushed against his.

She felt his arms encircle her and pull her closer. Then their lips met and she gently pushed her tongue into his mouth. When they kissed, it was like the whole rest of the world went blank, like everything else in the world was put on hold. In her life, she had kissed many men, but this was the first kiss that had ever made her feel so alive. It was like something deep in her soul had finally been awakened after a long slumber.

When the kiss broke Lois looked into Clark's eyes, completely amazed at what she had just done. Unfortunately, Clark's eyes looked troubled. Had she done something wrong? Why was he looking at her like that?
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~