I know! I know, I know, I know!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1 I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fear of Discovery III: Coming Home, by Yvonne Connell.

Okay, here's the new one...

Lex's face blotted out the light as his lips brushed over hers in a dry sweep. She felt nothing except a distant surprise that his kiss was so... innocuous. Completely tame and passionless.

Was *this* what it would be like if they married?

Was Lex really so uninterested in sex? But that was hard to believe; after all, she knew he'd had lovers. She was pretty sure that he'd been intimate with Miranda at some point - she'd noticed the perfumer giving Lex that lover-scorned kind of glare a couple of times. And she'd noticed Lex checking out attractive women many times - to say nothing of the very determined, and sexual, way he'd pursued her when they'd first met.

But before she could say anything, his mouth descended again. This time, his lips were moist, and parted; he ground his mouth against hers, his tongue pressing forward and invading her mouth. He tasted of rich wine and the cigars she wished he'd give up. Without waiting for her to participate, Lex continued kissing her, his tongue urgent and rapacious; to her appalled horror, Lois realised that the only emotion she was feeling was revulsion.

She tore her mouth from his and leaned back, breathing heavily. As she did so, the memory of another kiss floated tantalisingly in the forefront of her mind. Feeling slightly sick, she pushed it away. She was with *Lex*, the man she was contemplating marrying!
Kaethel evil

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~