Umm... after lots of hints on IRC, I've got it - Carol Moncado's Valley of the Shadow.

Okay, how about this one, then?

He lessened his grip on her for the barest interval, just long enough for her to take a deep breath while he moved so that he could kiss her. And what a kiss! She felt as though her body had melted, the giddy happiness of a few moments before exploding into incredible, mind-shattering joy. She couldn't think -- she didn't want to -- and her entire being was content just to feel this unbelievable, rapturous bliss.

How long the moment lasted, the two of them locked in each other's arms, shutting out everything but each other, neither of them knew. Lois gradually became aware of a rushing sound and was then startled by a sudden, dull booming.

"Clark..." she whispered once their mouths finally separated, "What was that noise?"

"Uh..." he said after a moment, obviously embarrassed about something, "I tend to... float when I'm happy, and I guess I got a little carried away. I think we broke the sound barrier just then..."

She gasped, turned her head to look around, and then broke out into a peal of delighted, joyous laughter. They were several thousand feet in the air, speeding over clouds and sea, racing across the sky. As she watched, they flashed through a small cloud and she saw long tendrils of cloud-stuff follow them, dragged along by their passage but unable to keep up with them and eventually dropping back and disappearing from her view.

A thought struck her. "Clark..." she said, curious, "Why aren't I cold? If we're... supersonic, I should be freezing, but I can hardly feel a thing."

"You're right... Maybe it's my aura -- the energy field around my skin that gives me my invulnerability -- maybe it's protecting you as well."

"Oh." Well, that was something to think about -- later. Right now was more for feeling than thinking, and that thought made her realise what it was that she wanted to feel. She pulled him to her and lost herself in another one of those kisses that set her body and her soul on fire.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*