Aha!! That's Falling Into You (aka AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.... THUD!), and the bit is from Sarah Luddy's response to the Cortina Gang's challenge. smile That tag line has Sarah's trademark witty dialogue written all over it. thumbsup

Here is the next one, from one of my favourite stories by that particular author (and I'm not saying more!):

She remembered how Clark had come over. They had talked, finding some measure of comfort in each other's words of love. Lois gave her wedding ring to Clark for safe keeping, and Clark showed her his star.

Then they embraced one another, and kissed, wanting to lose themselves in each other.

"No. . . Lois. . ." said Clark sometime later, reluctantly releasing his mouth from hers. His voice was soft, husky, and full of anguish.

Lois withdrew slightly so that she could look into his eyes. "What's wrong, Clark?" she whispered. "What did I do?"

Clark gently eased them both up to a sitting position, settling Lois on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he said, "It's nothing that you did, Lois. It's more what you. . . we. . . were about to do."

She frowned. "What's so wrong about that?" she asked. "I want us to have this moment." Then, a slight note of hurt rejection creeping into her voice, she said, "I thought that you wanted it, too."

He rushed to reassure her. "I do, Lois. More than anything. You know that." He cast his eyes downward and muttered, "But it wouldn't be right."

"Why not?"

"We're not. . . married."
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~