As for losing ideas because you aren't by your computer, though, there is a new fangled invention that can help ... it's this odd flat thing they call "paper" and these really funny skinny things they call "pens". It's amazing what people can come up with these days!
Sounds logical and simple but...nope. No way in a cold day in hell would you get me writing fanfic on a bus with paper and pen. Too many nosey types around looking over your shoulder.

Whereas...sure that there must be some way you could hold your sleeve at an angle so no one could overlook you. <G>

Besides, am I the only one who, after years of using typewriters and pcs, is now completely unable to write more than two paragraphs before getting writer's cramp? I find that I lose streams of dialogue/paras of narrative that pop into my head by the time I boot up my pc and writing them down is too slow to get it down before they drift off into the ether for good.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers